Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
NO not the 'Specto' genesis fork.

The fork away from 'kodi' being developed by 'youtubers'. Seems as if 'Kodi' are giving
all the guys that run 'youtube' help channels a hard time. So they have got together and
are going to be doing there own version called 'FMC'.

Is there any truth in this?? Will it take off?? Is it interesting times ahead or just a lot of trouble.
Hmmm!! food for thought.

Chris..

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Read about this earlier. It's with regards to Android boxes with Kodi and and pre installed add-ons. Kodi is trying to distance themselves from pirate streams. They've had too many people blasting there forums when they've bought a box on eBay with Kodi advertising latest movies, PPV events etcetera and are wanting to know how to get them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris_kn

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Thing is yes kodi is a great if not the best 'media' player BUT so is the likes of VLC player say or Plex with its plugins or Playon for instance, BUT! If it wasn't for all the 'third' party kodi add-on devs would kodi be so widely used ask yourself? And yes kodi themselves will say fine we don't want the third party devs giving all the free streams bla bla we can do okay on our own merit but would they??
As I said yes its a nice front end and main thing in its favour its universal across several platforms, but would you use it if it wasn't for all the great devs and all their great addons?! I don't think so!! I have Plex on my home network and love it for it's 'local' media benefits but on a multiple nationwide streaming basis it is not a viable option in my honest. Kodi I can go abroad, watch at home etc etc it works but way their going it will end full stop and peeps will look elsewhere full stop, is okay them saying fine we don't need that we can do well on just the name but is the userbase that decides who does well and if they stomping on all the devs saying NO you doing wrong well it will only go one way as you can see and folk will look elsewhere.... Just my opinion of course ;)