carderv

Nov 29, 2015
Omagh
hi all
need help...i installed kodi on my droid box and wouldnt boot properly so done factory rest and nothing now done the toothpick method and stuck on XBMC(juggling frogs) logo
can anyone help
thanks in advance
just to add
d/loaded firmware from here used toothpick again and still the same logo

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sometimes this logo is there to show it updating or installing...give it time. Shouldn't take more than 20 mins.
After this then it not looking good..

Enter the above draw to win a new T8-S you might be lucky.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here...also I don't have firmware updates for the imx6 sorry.
I would try another factory reset, what I no about these boxes is they test you.

Might be time to move up to a new box.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I've got this box, it's the droidbox MCE which only has XBMC on. It's running Frodo 12.3 and is on it last legs. Thats why I updated, it still runs OK, but compare to my T8-S box is so slow.
It's done me well so can't complain to much. Also kodi has dropped support for Apple TV and raspberry pie, as they are slow tec
Keep trying but I would put it on your Santa list. I've asked for a T8-S plus...HO! HO! HO!.

carderv

Nov 29, 2015
Omagh
hi
got it going again but ony a few of the apps are working properly and XBNC is messing about too
but will keep with it

thanks all

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you add the add-on installer in programs this adds another way of updating Phoenix and it works as I us it on mine. You can also add more, take a look.
Also add the superrepo in file manager, if you don't know how let me no.
Good luck