Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
I've currently got a temp android TV box (borrowed) that lm borrowing until l purchase a new more up to date one next week, but in the meantime both in preparation and for my current lm looking for a method of transferring files to the box.

While l have tried one client it seems to take forever to download via FTP, so lm looking for recommendations that either allow me to transfer files locally via my wireless network or via FTP/SFTP, thankfully l now know Kodi works for what l want it to (thanks for the help in my previous thread) now l want to make it easier in preparation for getting my newer box.

any help and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I ftp/sftp quite a bit over my local network and the time it takes to transfer depends on your isp speeds generally. I use the ftp server demo app on the droidbox from google playstore and filezilla on a pc with good results.

Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
can you link the server app please? currently lm using a 4.0 version of android on this temp box so hoping it works until l get something more permanent.

as for my upload its not going to be a problem (37meg down 10meg up ISPwise), its just the client l tried was going to take 30m to download a test file that would have normally taken under 2m hence wanting to find something better.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the FTP server and client are on the same LAN, and addressing each other internally, then the ISP shouldn't come into the equation, unless you're using their own modem/router. If you are, and you have the chance, try setting up the same scenario with your own modem/router/AP.
If you're already using 3rd party/independent hardware for LAN, I'd look at the partition on your hard drive. Try changing to NFTS/exFAT/ext3/ext4 where possible... make sure you either have a backup of the data you're playing with, or don't care if the data is lost.