McHaggis69

Mar 12, 2016
T8-AML-v3s box which overall is working well.

I'm new to these boxes, and have had a few difficulties with various app crashes or simply not working at all.
The most frustrating so far are apps that use google maps within the application (flight trackers, airbnb etc - anything really that needs to use google maps on a display).

The Google maps app itself works fine as does google earth app.

However, none of the apps I have installed that use or call to google maps for displaying a location, work.

They all just show a blank map with a small google logo at the bottom left.

Is this just an issue with android TV boxes? Is there a fix? Does anyone have the likes of flightradar24 or airbnb properly showing location maps on their T8-AML-v3s box? If so how did you get it to work?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have a t8 from droidbox. I downloaded flightradar 24 free as an experiment. Although it has limited functionality it seems to open in google maps ok (i do not have google maps downloaded as a separate app). I have home location switched off in settings.

McHaggis69

Mar 12, 2016
OK, so probably something I've done/am doing. I thought that might be the case as googling didn't turn up a flurry of similar problems.
The box has been 'factory reset' once and I suspect something in the original build was not reinstalled or activated to allow other apps access to google maps? Really frustrating - its probably a simple app install or setting somewhere I need to change, but I've spent hours on this so far with no joy.

Thanks for checking for me.

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
Your box isn't a 'droidbox' made one. I would go back to your supplier because it does sound rather poorly

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might be worth double checking, ON YOUR DEVICE, the location settings. Depending on the firmware and launcher, you could be looking at something like:
Settings
(Possibly the "Other" tab now if there is one, then the "More Settings" button)
Look for and click on LOCATION
If off, turn on, and if asked, confirm you want to do this.

Might not help, but worth a look.