Old n dumb

Dec 27, 2017
Hi everyone new to the forum and thought i would say hello. Just been given a DroidBOX T8SE for Christmas, great bit of kit. First off not sure where I should post this so gone for general discussion section, I have a Sony Bravia HD TV with 2 HDMI ports one is ARC, in port 1 there is a 5 port multi connector for my Chromcast, Sky box, Fire stick etc and port 2 is solely for the Droidbox. When using the Droidbox I keep getting the drop down menu at the top of the screen telling me which HDMI that is in use , this stops you from seeing the functions such as search available on Youtube and other apps, I've removed the multi port from HDMI 1 and connected the Droidbox to this port with no change and also changed the HDMI cable and again still no change any ideas would be great fully accepted.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi everyone new to the forum and thought i would say hello. Just been given a DroidBOX T8SE for Christmas, great bit of kit. First off not sure where I should post this so gone for general discussion section, I have a Sony Bravia HD TV with 2 HDMI ports one is ARC, in port 1 there is a 5 port multi connector for my Chromcast, Sky box, Fire stick etc and port 2 is solely for the Droidbox. When using the Droidbox I keep getting the drop down menu at the top of the screen telling me which HDMI that is in use , this stops you from seeing the functions such as search available on Youtube and other apps, I've removed the multi port from HDMI 1 and connected the Droidbox to this port with no change and also changed the HDMI cable and again still no change any ideas would be great fully accepted.
Hi

Can you try changing the screen resolution either on your box or your TV set and see if this does fix the issue?

Regards

Old n dumb

Dec 27, 2017
Hi 8bitDev , I've tried the screen changing the screen resolution along with several other things one at a time, none of them made any difference

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi 8bitDev , I've tried the screen changing the screen resolution along with several other things one at a time, none of them made any difference
Hi

Can you try another hdmi port on your TV and see if box behaves the same?

Regards

Old n dumb

Dec 27, 2017
I have a Sony Bravia model no KDL-43WD751 with software update 8.211-1000-1.30-01 the info button makes no difference when pressed, the strange thing is I don't seem to have the problem when using Librelec.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
a) Does it do the same if you switch (at least temporarily) to LibreELEC?
b) Don't think this will help, but can you check (in Android) the Settings area for a CEC section. If there is one, please try turning it off.
c) Any firmware updates available for the TV? Tried a factory reset of the TV?

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, This was a fix for somebody on the sony community site.

0 Kudos

begin111
rookie.png

Message 10 of 10 (531 Views)
Re: Info bar on Sony Bravia TV

Options

‎12-31-2017 12:25 PM edited {1}

Not sure about these model numbers but i solved this problem by pressing the theatre button so the tv was in theatre mode and then pressing the info button 3 times

Reactions: ChrisM