Jerry Pond

Oct 7, 2016
I apologize for putting the same thread in two sections, but not sure which one is best for response.

I've had my T8-S plus for just 3 days. Today, when I turned it on I get the message "No Signal- Check connected devices power, cable connection, and source selection.

I tried to reset following the online videos, but all I get is the "No Signal..." message.

My wife says it's not ready for primetime and to return it to Amazon and go back to our Roku. That's an option but I'd like to keep that as a last resort.

Please Help.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sounds like your TV might need a 720p signal, but is identified as 1080p.
If you have another TV (different model) or monitor that we can use for a couple of minutes, can you do so, then try the following:

Can you try the following please:
(In case it helps, you should see the same screens as shown towards the end of https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/screen-squashed-or-stretched/ )

Click the Settings icon (two cogs), then select Display
Next Resolution. Up to the top and turn off automatic selection.
Set to 720p-60Hz for now, please.
You should then be able to return to the home screen (press the Return button a few times on the remote), power down and reconnect to the first TV.

Once the first TV is showing a picture again, you may want to check which 720p mode looks best when playing back video etc.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Help us to help you.

When you say "doesn't work", what do you mean?

Blank screen? Distorted picture? Audio but no video, etc etc.

What make/model is your tv?

Have you tried a different hdmi port on the tv?

Last edited:
Reactions: David Savage

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Daniel1234567 Can you try the steps I mentioned in the post above yours please. Once you have the new TV working at 720p @ 50/60Hz (you'll need to run the steps mentioned on your upstairs TV first), you can experiment with other video output modes. Also, if you do come back, do let us know the replies to Nigelar's queries, please.

Reactions: David Savage