james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
Hi, I am on the look out for one of these streamers, a good few people i know have got them and seem pretty happy with them, i was wondering if you see any difference in the cheaper vs dearer ones, some are £30 and others are £50 up to about £100 or more.

i see that the dearer ones have faster cpu's and maybe more ram etc, does this make much difference to the running speed of the units?

do people find the wireless touchpad mouse useful? i see a lot come with the units for about £10 more, i can imagine using a real mouse would be a pain having to find a flat surface all the time?

there was mainly 2 i was looking at but i have just seen a 3rd to throw a spanner in the works lol

the 1st one is an m8S+ which is £54 and gets good reviews:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arrivals-Bl...=UTF8&qid=1455885056&sr=1-1&keywords=kodi+box

The 2nd is made by the same people and is the m9+ unfortunately it gets bad reviews by the 3 people that have reviewed it but im wonderingif they just didnt know how to use it, im assuming the newer model would be better? is it also cheaper at £47 the link is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arrivals-SE..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1Q8MNR6D2TXSSKXD8GBK

the 3rd is the one i have just noticed, also gets good reviews and is £49:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arrival-Goo..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1Q8MNR6D2TXSSKXD8GBK

any help, advice or tips would be great.

regards

James

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
In a few words.....get a droidbox.
Why..
Great boxes
Great support
Great warranty
Future updates
Check the main link on the front of the forum. T8-S is a great box, but if you don't won't due boot or an option for a HDD then get the T8.
Up to you, but droidbox has good customer care.

Also a great forum

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Don't aways trust amazon reviews, also the 2nd box you choose had 1.5 stars out of 5...take a chance with that one.
I've had droidboxs for a good few years and can't complain, yes I've had problems, but Silentlyscreeming helped me a lot in the early days. Now, as in my days on xbox and XBMC moving to android boxes has been great. Having support is the best and like I said in the above, this forum has a great community feel where loads of people help each other...plus the droidbox team members. So pick carefully.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would support what david has said. In my view, the best option would be a t8 box from droid box. A look at this forum will give you an idea of the type of support you will get from the user community plus there is very good official support.

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
hi and thanks for the support up to now, i am thinking i will get a t8 maybe a t8s plus, will save buying a cheap one then not being happy and then just buying the t8 anyway.

i have been told be a frined that he has this one, they are also called t8's so i am not sure if they are the same boxes but rebranded or something, he said he loves his though. the link is:

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/sh...hernet-dual-band-wifi-4k-and-rii-i2-keyboard/

can anyone advise if they are the same, specs seem pretty similar, the remotes different but still looks good, i dont see much support on the site apart from a facebook page though.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
They are a competitor to droidbox to probably best not to advertise their box here. As some of us have said you cannot go wrong with a droidbox t8.

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
thanks, i wasn;t trying to advertise it as suchi just wasn't sure if it was the same one given the specs and same t8 name, it would seem there is far more support with the droidbox though.

Reactions: Nigelar

martyntom

Feb 10, 2016
Droidbox t8s best box i have ever had. Had some cheap nasty ones and a more expensive one. This one has been the best by far

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
I have bought what i wanted after having sa good look around and listening to people's advice.

i have got the T8-S Plus and the VIPRemote.

The vipremote does look like it may be the better option out of the choices, is that most people opinion? the reviews are very good for it anyway.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Different forum members and indeed staff have their own favourites.
Mine (personal): VIP if space is at a premium, or some games. i12 (big keyboard with trackpad on the right) for when space allows. i8+ for typing more than a sentence or two if space is at a premium.

Reactions: David Savage