ady

Dec 31, 2014
Hi all. Got an android box for xmas. Thought it was gonna be the fully loaded, all singing and dancing box. Unfortunately, it was a box bought off amazon from china. It looks like the x7. Model no is,rk31sdk, serial no is,KL91V5NHWZ. I am having a problem with Ethernet connectivity. It drops my router and I lose Internet connection .works ok on wifi but VERY slow.reviews from other buyers seem to rate this unit highly! I have noticed that if I connect it via static,it performs a bit faster. There is no SD card in it yet. Would this factor affect performance. At my wits end so id appreciate any help offered .Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd head to freaktab.com . If it wasn't from us, and we don't know which variant of the X7 you have, then you may need to consider weighing up the pros/cons of keeping any warranty valid, or unscrewing your case to check a few chips. The guys over at that forum cover a lot of rockchip based devices, you may well find there is a better custom firmware out there for your device that hits the nail on the head.