stokie

Oct 13, 2014
hi can someone help please. I'm new to xbmc and if I'm honest I'm no techie.I am using a droI'd box MX.For some reason I can't access anything I have been into system and in root when I click on fusion a message comes up saying network is not connected. how can I resolve this issue. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Stokie

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Hi. If you exit System (by pressing the back up button a couple of times) and then start with Videos/ Addons and then selecting from there? You may see a header with the title Media Portal. Try clicking on that. You should see a load of addons in either thumbnail or list form which you can click on. As for the network not connected message, are you definitely connected to the internet either wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable?

Last edited:

stokie

Oct 13, 2014
No matter what thumbnail I click on I can't access. I have tried mash up navi x among others bit it just says script failed. I'm at a loss is it possible to reset everything to factory settings

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Is this an Android based device, or MCE (Linux)?
As Paul mentioned, it is worth checking you are actually connected to your home's network, and that this is leading to internet access.
If you can exit XBMC, and see a launcher, open the browser and try to visit a website. This would be a good check as to whether XBMC is confused or correct.

[edit]
Sorry, posted before refreshing page and seeing the new posts.

Android or MCE?
If Android, exit XBMC and open a website in the browser app.

steve bagnall

Oct 16, 2014
help please new to all this what advice would you give someone not a tecki wanting films sports and kids stuff which model droid box

dominick welsh

Oct 16, 2014
hi
me too, just installed for the first time when I click on anything there is nothing there have I missed something

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@dominick welsh - I think Steve was asking for advice about which model to purchase, rather than having an issue. Are you in XBMC when your clicks don't result in anything? Can you let me know exactly what you do, and we'll get the issue fixed.
@steve bagnall - Sorry, not sure how I missed this thread yesterday. Ah, it was you who started the new thread.

Reactions: steve bagnall

dominick welsh

Oct 16, 2014
@dominick welsh - I think Steve was asking for advice about which model to purchase, rather than having an issue. Are you in XBMC when your clicks don't result in anything? Can you let me know exactly what you do, and we'll get the issue fixed.
@steve bagnall - Sorry, not sure how I missed this thread yesterday. Ah, it was you who started the new thread.
Hi thanks for reply I am away till weds so will have another go then.i think I successfully set up although the new skin hasn't appeared even with resetting as described. When I click on xbmc and film links there is nothing there .no mash up or sports navi etc

dominick welsh

Oct 16, 2014
If you see a menu entry for Media Portal, click onto that, it should list all the Video Add-Ons currently installed.
hi. cant find anything that says media portal. home screen shows xbmc plus settings etc. I click on xbmc giving a menu of pictures, video,music programs and system.have managed to find a listing video add ons listed there including mash up however when I click most viewed for example big blue arrow appears and returns

dominick welsh

Oct 16, 2014