Stocksy

Oct 25, 2014
Hi all,

I'm struggling with my box. I stream all my content from a server vie ethernet. My box is connected to a Denon amp via 1.4 hdmi. I can play all my vidoe content finr, blu ray and 3d included, but i cannot output any content in 5.1 surround or truehd. Once i try this option the sound crackles and the video stutters. I have tried the same ethernet cable using my old box and everything works fine.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you check which settings are in place for Digital Audio?
Head to Android's Settings menu, and check through all audio-related entries. Let us know what they say. Then open XBMC and head to System>System>Audio Output.
Are the crackles in Surround Sound within XBMC, or via an Android video player application?

Stocksy

Oct 25, 2014
Hi all,

I'm struggling with my box. I stream all my content from a server vie ethernet. My box is connected to a Denon amp via 1.4 hdmi. I can play all my vidoe content finr, blu ray and 3d included, but i cannot output any content in 5.1 surround or truehd. Once i try this option the sound crackles and the video stutters. I have tried the same ethernet cable using my old box and everything works fine.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciate
Can you check which settings are in place for Digital Audio?
Head to Android's Settings menu, and check through all audio-related entries. Let us know what they say. Then open XBMC and head to System>System>Audio Output.
Are the crackles in Surround Sound within XBMC, or via an Android video player application?
Many thanks for the reply. On the android settings, as far as i can see, it is set to HDMI passthrough. On the XBMC settings i have tried all the different permatations, including truehf, dtshd off and on. Really am at a loss. The crackles happen in XBMC.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Do you have any friends with an AV amp or TV that can output surround sound? If so, take your iMX6 there for a quick test. If it works there, we know we need to check for settings on your amp. If it doesn't work there either, we'll have to think of something.