Willby

Feb 5, 2016
I am a 69 year old pensioner and received my T8-s Plus a few days ago. I successfully installed Wookie Andy's Build in Android following tutorial from Seo-michael. However I later installed Wookie Ray's Lite Build in Openelec......I was trying to install Wookie Lite but this was the nearest thing I saw to it in the Wookie selection box.
My problem now is that I cannot switch back to Android from Openelec. The switch in the bottom left corner is missing. System is also not available in Ray's banner so I cannot get to check if skin is Confluence. I have unplugged the box but it still reboots into Openelec. I would remove Ray's Lite Build but without being able to access System I don't know how to do that. Any suggestions much appreciated. This is my first post so apologies if I am not being clear etc.

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
You have to change the skin to Confuence and the option to "boot to android" will appear. Do not install any wizards in openlec as this option will not be there. Is there a power option for you to reboot to android. If you have a problem contact Droidbox online. They are brilliant.

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
In Openelec go to Programs/Addons, in there there is a programming, Openelec settings or something like that, it has the Openelec logo, select that and it will open the settings menu, in the first option on the right side at the bottom is reboot to Android. For convenience sake it's easy to make a menu shortcut to this one the main screen. That's what I have.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Willby

Feb 5, 2016
Hi Eddyad I can't check the skin because I dont have System available anymore. It was Droidbox online who actually advised what wizard to install in both Android and Openelec.
I will contact them tomorrow as you suggest. Regards

Willby

Feb 5, 2016
I just saw your reply thegazheard and I will see if I can bring up what you suggest . Thanks

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Hi Eddyad I can't check the skin because I dont have System available anymore. It was Droidbox online who actually advised what wizard to install in both Android and Openelec.
I will contact them tomorrow as you suggest. Regards
Hi, I would go by what the others have suggested as they have more experience. I posted a reply because no one else had at the time youngin.

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The thread i linked to says you can - as you point out you need to switch into the confluence screen.
However @sean99 has proposed this solution on another thread

Trygoing into programs then press c over openelec configuration then add it to your favourites. You can then add it to your homescreen as either an addon or submenu, then 2 clicks your back to android (up and back to android).

@thegazsheard has suggested the same above - didnt see it.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Some Skins have Settings instead of System, so if you can find Settings option go onto that and there should be once option Appearance under which you can change your Skin to basic Confluence.

Reactions: David Savage

Willby

Feb 5, 2016
Hi All, thanks so much for all your help......finally last night solved problem. Being a newbie and a pensioner I stupidly had Pictures selected and was scrolling through the options below it looking for System.
So eventually realised my mistake and deselected Pictures and managed to scroll across to System and get into Display and Confluence Skin .
However, I now see that I have to do this every time I use Openelec so I will add a shortcut as suggested by some of you above. Thanks again......I'm sure I will be back again looking for help soon!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To be honest willby, i would stick with the confluence skin because it is clean and effective. I use it. Of course you may prefer flash over content ;-)

Reactions: ChrisM

Willby

Feb 5, 2016
To be honest willby, i would stick with the confluence skin because it is clean and effective. I use it. Of course you may prefer flash over content ;-)
Hi
I change to the Confluence skin and select yes to the question " Do you want to keep this skin" but every time I return to Openelec from android it has reverted to the Ray's Build Skin.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
It cannot revert back automatically to Rays Build skin unless the build has issues which are conflicting with the Confluence skin and are changing it back to Rays Build Skin. Try other builds like wookie lite and change the skin to confluence and see if that reverts too.

Scotty40

Apr 9, 2016
Hi All, thanks so much for all your help......finally last night solved problem. Being a newbie and a pensioner I stupidly had Pictures selected and was scrolling through the options below it looking for System.
So eventually realised my mistake and deselected Pictures and managed to scroll across to System and get into Display and Confluence Skin .
However, I now see that I have to do this every time I use Openelec so I will add a shortcut as suggested by some of you above. Thanks again......I'm sure I will be back again looking for help soon!

How do you create your short cut, I had the same problem

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Highlight the entry you want to add as a favourite.
DON'T click OK
Press the MENU button on your remote (often 3 horizontal lines) or if you prefer the C key (keyboard side, between X and V).
Select Add to favourites. Try not to flinch if it shows with the American spelling (can be changed to UK across Kodi).
From now on, when in Kodi's homescreen, bottom left click the star icon, if it is a long list of favourites, pressing the UP button a few times will get you to the bottom of the list quickly.

If you want to add a shortcut for an add-on, rather than adding a favourite, see https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/adding-shortcuts-with-the-confluence-skin/ , and you're using Confluence, follow the steps there.