AllanW

Nov 22, 2015
Hi guys - my first post on this forum. Hope you can help with 2 questions - and yes I have tried searching before posting :)

A little about myself first tho... I've been using XBMC/Kodi for probably longer than many here, so I do know my way around Kodi and many of the builds/addons/settings/configurations pretty well. I run Kodi 17.5 on a good spec PC with Win 10 (64) to easily check addons, builds, scripts etc. before applying them on my box

Unfortunately though I have NO experience with LibreELEC so the questions relate to my current Droidbox - a T8-S Plus v2 with LibreELEC 8.0.2/Kodi 17.3

My favourite Kodi build is based on the latest Stevens Media Build (Not going to link to build but here's a video:
) and this build makes use of the Aeon Nox 'Spin' skin

This Aeon Nox skin does have conventional 'power' options (off, reboot, etc.) but no 'reboot to android' option - and remarkably there is no option to change the skin which might make the 'boot to android' available. I've not spent enough time on LibreELEC to know if this an option in other skins but certainly in some of the OpenELEC videos I've seen it looks like it should be? Or is LibreELEC different from OpenELEC?

I see there is a 5 second option on the boot screen to press the 'Menu' button for a change to android - but I use a Rii Mini keyboard without that 'menu' option. I've even tried the 'Key Mapping' add on but again 'menu' just isn't a mappable option... This means that whenever I power off/on it jumps straight back to LibreELEC. So guys - how do I get a 'reboot to android' option?

I should mention that swapping between LibreELEC and Android isn't actually posing a problem for me as I've got the Droidbox remote which does indeed have a 'menu' button - it's just bugging me :)

More seriously though - has anyone managed to get PureVPN (or any VPN) working in LibreELEC?

Is you have - do you have a link to a good guide (I've seen a few for OpenELEC) or can you let me know how you did this. I'm stumped and the tech help at Pure haven't come across this. Of course if I get an answer from them I'll be sure to post it...

I've never needed to run a VPN directly inside Kodi before - I usually just establish a connection from my box or PC before running Kodi - but if I continue down the LibreELEC route, then running a separate VPN connection obviously isn't an option

Thanks guys - nice to meet ya!

Al

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016
There is a program addon in LibreElec for settings and if you go in to that and then System (I think, I'm not near a box but can check later) towards the bottom there is a "Reboot to Android" option. You can always shortcut that option (or at least to the settings) that way. That's what I do.

As for VPN on LibreElec, I did the below guide on another post that you may find useful. Good luck, any questions just shout.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/vpn-for-libreelec-advice-needed-please.10195/

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
The above advice for VPN is exactly what I followed and its working perfect. Id really works well.
The VPN files install wizard within VPN manager is also reliable (for me anyway)
Also - I cant comment on VPN providers other than the one I am using and its from DIGIBIT. The files are all whitelisted so are RD compatible which is a bonus.
Hoppe this helps
Dave