TisMeCarl

May 19, 2015
Hi Folks

I got my T8 a week ago and it's been working fine tethered to my mobile whilst waiting for BT to install fibre, now fibre is installed I cannot use T8. Everything I select to watch via Showbox says unavailable and when in Kodi I cannot search for shows and the majority of the things I can find via the popular feeds etc won't play, but will when reconnected to mobile.

I have read through various pages on here - I've disabled the parental controls on the HH5 router, I have switched of smart setup wizard (as discribed in the BT are you ISP help), but still I'm not futher forward...

Any advice?

TIA

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Visit 192.168.1.254 directly in your T8's browser. Log in with your BT details (admin password printed on the modem). If there isn't a login section, click onto the Settings area.
Now try again with Kodi/XBMC etc.
If still no joy, open a new tab in the Browser app and google any search term you like. Now click on one of the results that is NOT related to Google at all.
If a new BT logo appears instead of the website, click Get Started.
Should be working by this point. If not, shout rude words at BT and let us know, we'll try something else.

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Had nothing but trouble with bt infinity dropping connection and not working until I got rid of home hub,bought an asus black night been great ever since,works great with my T8.:)

TisMeCarl

May 19, 2015
Update: Sorted.

I switched off the router for 10 minutes after doing the steps I had mentioned above and reinstalled the T8 from first install. Works. No idea which one sorted it, but v.pleased to say I'm back up and running.

Thank you for your replies.

Reactions: David Savage