Parks

Jan 1, 2016
From the home screen, how to bring up the android command line from the bottom of the screen. Usually it's a swipe up with the mouse to bring it visable. Any one know how on the t8s plus?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hello parks. There seems to be an issue with the toolbar on the t8s. 8bitdev (support) had commented in another thread on Monday
"Status bar not being able to turn on,we are trying to find a way around in it.All feature are accessible through the keyboard shortcuts."

So keep looking out for when a fix is announced, maybe via a firmware update.

Parks

Jan 1, 2016
Hello parks. There seems to be an issue with the toolbar on the t8s. 8bitdev (support) had commented in another thread on Monday
"Status bar not being able to turn on,we are trying to find a way around in it.All feature are accessible through the keyboard shortcuts."

So keep looking out for when a fix is announced, maybe via a firmware update.
Thanks for your reply, Nigelar.

I thought I was missing something simple. This is my 3rd TV Box and they all had this access.

You said all features are accessible via keyboard shortcuts.
Would you explain?

Thanks Parks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Most should be on your remote e.g. home, back, volume up/down. On the air mouse, open apps is below the ok button.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
You can install any Soft key application from Google PlayStore on the device which will be compatible with Lollipop version and you will get the Status bar on your device.
Also you can follow the below video to get Status Bar on T8-S PLUS:

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
I need the swipe down notification bar from top.. Any way we can go back to K.K.?

Parks

Jan 1, 2016
You can install any Soft key application from Google PlayStore on the device which will be compatible with Lollipop version and you will get the Status bar on your device.
Also you can follow the below video to get Status Bar on T8-S PLUS:
Thanks Qaisir, I have found a great fix for this that gives me the "recent Apps" as in my android tablet. The Home and Back are already available on remote and my Logitech key board. The only issue though small, swiping down from the top left does not bring down the shade.

Reactions: Qaisir

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@NikoB and @Parks It looks as though we'll be waiting for an updated SDK from one of the chip manufacturers before we regain access to that. Once we have that, if they've implemented the correct changes, we'll be able to access top and bottom notifications/buttons natively. There is no KitKat firmware for the DroidBOX T8-S Plus device.
In terms of recent tasks, if you are using a remote control with a QWERTY keyboard, and have an Alt and a Tab button, it works the same as in Windows... hold down Alt, tap Tab a few times and you'll rotate through recent tasks.