geeman028

Oct 2, 2014
Hi, just joined the forum and been browsing around.
Seen the boxes for sale at various places.
Is it best to buy them all set up with automatic updates as they state in their advert.
Or buy the box as is and install just what I want?
Are a lot of these auction sites genuine boxes or copies? How would I find out?

Thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you see a DroidBOX device (not DroiBOX or Android Boxes etc etc), and it is either on our site ( http://DroidBOX.co.uk ), or from eBay/Amazon and the seller is xbmcGadgetsHub (our store name), they are genuine. If you see them second hand, from Chinese websites or a different seller, they are fakes.
Whenever you install an add-on in XBMC, assuming the repository used is properly maintained, then the add-on will be updated automatically, a bit like Windows Update.
As to whether to use the DroidBOX Wizard or not, most customers do. If you particularly wanted to keep a streamlined installation of XBMC, and are comfortable learning a few new processes, then you could always use the Wizard to install the add-ons en masse. Look through them all, decide which you like, then wipe XBMC's data. You could then manually install just the ones you want.

You may want to wait for customer's opinion on the Wizard, but if it helps I started out as a customer last year, and one of the reasons I chose a DroidBOX was the support and the Wizard. A little later I started working for them.

Reactions: pibitvillage

geeman028

Oct 2, 2014
Thanks very much for the detailed reply. Helped me decide on the DroidBox Q7.
Hopefully arriving today so I'll let you know how I get on, no doubt be back shortly for some more help lol.
Thanks again.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just for clarity, are you asking other customers, or those of us who work for DroidBOX?
If you're asking customers, it is probably worth starting a new thread with a title that will grab forum members' attention.

Reactions: pibitvillage

grizzliebear

Oct 22, 2015
Wow, haha, I had this problem last year too and i never found solution for that and now I come here and see this lol
i wish i saw it earlier :(
But anyway, thank you for explanation here, it was really helpfull!