dapex

Aug 10, 2014
Hi.. Any idea what I could be doing wrong... I have a co-ax cable plugged into the SPIDF port on the IMX6 and into my AMP... but the amp just wont give me any sound... Sound works fine via HDMI to the TV..

I dont have HDMI on my amp so thats not an option..

I thought there used to be some threads on it but my account and all the older threads seem to have dissapeared?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, depending which firmware is currently installed on your device, you may see different screens to those I'm about to describe:

Open up the Settings app (it may be called SettingsMBox).
If there is a an Advanced tab, please click it, then select Digital Audio Outpui. I don't have an amp to test this with, but I'm assuming you might want to try the SPDIF passthrough option.
If there isn't an Advanced tab, select the Sounds sub-menu, and check if there is a Devices related entry. If there is, experiment with the different options to see if they help.

[edit] - Thinking about it, I'm not sure if the Device Manager area in Sounds was present in older iMX6 firmwares, or just for RockChip based devices like the X7/Q7 etc.

You may also need to separately configure XBMC to specifically use the SPDIF socket - test the above by playing some videos in YouTube or MX Player first. If that works, move onto XBMC and let us know if the audio isn't coming out via your amp, and you can't find what you need under XBMC>System>System>Audio output . (See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Audio_settings )

Last edited: