Silver Surfer

Apr 6, 2015
Would anyone be kind enough to explain how to remove this app ,it is listed in my apps and is always updating .
I never use facebook so would like to remove it.
regards
SS

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Go to android settings - apps.
Find facebook in the apps list.
Click on it and select uninstall.

Silver Surfer

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks Nigelar
Tried that -settings -other-more settings apps, but facebook still shows in the my apps on homescreen:(
is ther anyway to remove it from My Apps ?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Assuming the app has uninstalled it sounds like the screen icon has somehow persisted. Highlight the icon (dont click on it) and drag it up to the top of the screen. You might see an "x" or something similar or you might be able to swipe it off the screen.

Silver Surfer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Nigelar
I cant remove it there is only the option to disable it ,so have I have done that.
Thanks for the advice though it has helped me to remove other apps that I never use.
Regards
SS

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you want to remove core/system apps that are baked into the firmware, it might be possible with something like Titanium Backup Root - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&hl=en_GB
HOWEVER... we don't support the application, and if anything goes wrong when modifying apps, your warranty may not cover you. (Realistically unlikely that it will be something a factory reset can't fix, so as long as you're comfy getting to Android's Recovery menu, you should be OK).