number44

Feb 4, 2015
Trying to set up box. I dont know whether I have loaded any ad-ons or not, dont know how I even check this. I am able to see page upon page of movies and sports, music etc etc but nothing will play. Is this because I havent loaded the relevant ad-ons? If this is the case how do I do this. Totally lost, been at this for three hours, please help.

Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi there,

I got a T8 box for my parents at Christmas and yes it wasn't exactly straightforward, even with the instructions in the box, but with help on the forum I finally got it up and running. However I see that a new DroidBOX wizard, on reading about on the forum, may have been released, but not too sure... So my instruction, may or may not help...

Anyway so as to help you please see the link below, and go to my post which is the last one on that thread, but have a good read to see why I replied. Until I did what I mention on the thread, when I went into the xmbc tab (as it where) the background was just the DroidBOX blue, after I did what I mention the thread, it all became nice and funky... I will say that (sadly) all I'm trying to do is watch channels from spain that are the same as our freeview here in the UK eg., BBC1 ITV, nothing interesting....

Anyway hope this helps:

http://droidboxforums.com/threads/droidbox-wizard-add-on-refusing-to-download.1180/#post-4389

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@number44 - have a read through of Ding's post, and if you're having problems, try scrolling to the right - if there is a Media Portal menu, click that. Instead of specific shortcuts to streams, you'll see a long list of add-ons (if 80-90ish, then you've installed the Wizard's pack correctly). Try something like Genesis, then TV Shows>Search>type in ARROW and done>1st search result>Season 3> any of the episodes. Try a few different stream sources for an episode. If these don't load, let us know please.

number44

Feb 4, 2015
After three hours last night trying to figure this out Im back at it again. Now Ive disabled the remote control and I cant put in my email address when prompted. I can find the seeting to switch it back on. It was working but I switched something over in error. Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhh

number44

Feb 4, 2015
Im needing help. Can someone help me please??? Ive watched the tutorials, Ive read the posts and Im getting no where. Im thinking this may not be the box for me. Ive downloaded the wizard and surely it should be as simple as clicking the icons to watch something?? Ive got script failure showing, its asking for login and passwords, what am I doing that is so wrong???

Please someone, Im now 5 hrs in including last night and Ive got a handful of channels, pretty much nothing is working and to make matters worse Ive switched of the remote controller by mistake some how so I can type. Im losing the will live burning up my saturday night.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Do you mean you are using an air/mouse remote orcthe one that comes with the box ? , who have you got broadband with ? Do they have security bloc in the provider settings ?

number44

Feb 4, 2015
Do you mean you are using an air/mouse remote orcthe one that comes with the box ? , who have you got broadband with ? Do they have security bloc in the provider settings ?
Had to reset the box, started from scratch and I now have tele!! Do you know what setting it is to change the screen size, im losing the edges. Cheers

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Had to reset the box, started from scratch and I now have tele!! Do you know what setting it is to change the screen size, im losing the edges. Cheers
Settings > display position > loweer or raise tge number in the circle.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@number44 - For changing the remote control keyboard and on screen keyboard setting, go to Android's Settings, then scroll down to the Language & input entry & click on it. Now select the Default entry, about four entries down. To enable the on screen keyboard, Hardware physical keyboard should be turned off (likewise, to disable the on screen keyboard from popping up, turn on Hardware Physical Keyboard).
Go back one screen, and Remote Keyboard should be ticked for your remote control's QWERTY keyboard (if it has one) to work properly.

(If you first see a colourful tabbed interface when you click on Settings, instead of Android's monochrome black/blue and white interface, click on the last tab, then the More Settings button.)

@Joe reid is right about changing the scaling of your DroidBOX's video output, if you want to change the resolution used, head again to Android's settings, this time stay on the colourful tabbed interface, and select the Display tab. Turn off HDMI auto-detection, and on the next line down (HDMI Output Mode Setting), click and experiment with the various 720 and 1080 modes.