Blackmass

Mar 8, 2016
I purchased it yesterday I can cancel it right now. Is this a bad TV box I read many issues. I only use this for watching 1080p movies and checking my mails in my bedroom and maybe killing time in Facebook? Isn't it a good box for that and can I update to never android?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As far as I know, droidbox don't sell q7 boxes now. Do you mean some other model? E.g q8 or x7?
Android updates require a firmware update. You would need to check whether the box supplier supports firmware updates on older boxes like the q7. Provided you have bought your box from a reputable supplier with good support and a warranty as opposed to a cheap Chinese import then your box will probably do all the things you want although it may struggle a bit with hd movies.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
I purchased it yesterday I can cancel it right now. Is this a bad TV box I read many issues. I only use this for watching 1080p movies and checking my mails in my bedroom and maybe killing time in Facebook? Isn't it a good box for that and can I update to never android?
Where from you bought your device and what are those issues that you read about the device.

Blackmass

Mar 8, 2016
I bought this device from gearbest for 42 dollars. And this is the x7 model with 2gb ram and quad core cpu. Rk3188 chip. I think price is very good but you guys made me think. This is the same device that you call x7 I think I watch the review videos of yours same device but gearbest sell it from different name.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
You get what you pay for and for $42 (£30) , can't see you getting a quality box.
Best to get in touch with Bestgear see if they can help.
If it's working OK and you are enjoying it then see what happens, also good after sales and support is needed to..that's why for android boxes you can't go wrong with Droidbox.

Reactions: Nigelar

Blackmass

Mar 8, 2016
Sir this is the same TV box. I said only name is different. Can I update x7 TV box to Android 5 or higher?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Most android boxes are still on Kitkat 4.4.2...there are some on jellybean, but it shouldn't effect say kodi or Showbox.
I'm on the latter and all is good.
Make sure you have kodi 15.2 or 16 and you should be fine. Clear cache often and keep it a well ventilated place.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sir this is the same TV box. I said only name is different. Can I update x7 TV box to Android 5 or higher?
As i suggested in my initial reply You need to talk to bestgear or search the net for a possible firmware update to a later version of android. Certainly afaik droidbox do not offer such an update for old q7 or even x7 machines.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It is unlikely to he the same box at that price. These cheap chinese boxes are notorious for using second hand components.

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
Bestgear are a generic supplier of items to be found on aliexpress and the like.

Some items are not bad value for the price. .... all android boxes/sticks I have bought from such places, fail rapidly and often do not have good firmware from the outset

If you can work out what the actual 'group of generic devices' your box sits in. ... you may be able to find other roms to flash onto it built by the community . ... but this will be at your own risk of bricking the device and unless you have good experience of doing such stuff. ...... my advice would be to take the hit that you've probably made a false economy decision, learn from it and then buy a (all round better) box from these guys.