jamie45

Mar 6, 2015
Hello, I sent a message yesterday on the droidbox website about 2 imx6 boxes that have been given to me to fix for family members who are not technically minded to fix themselves. I have managed to fix both boxes after doing a factory reset using the recovery image. I now have a new problem with both boxes and that is they are now running frodo 12.2 xbmc and I would like to upgrade to kodi as many addons etc are no longer working and reported as broken/dependencies not met in frodo. as I will be giving these boxes back to people who aren't very good with technical stuff I would prefer to give them the boxes back running as they would expect and for them to not have to be constantly asked to disable broken addons. the problem is after installing kodi there is no droidbox wizard and video playback is just a black screen with the sound playing how can this be solved?

I had previously installed kodi 14.0 on another iMX6 box for another family member who had gotham xbmc on his box and kodi seemed to manage to install over this and run perfectly fine but I assume that must be to do with the fact gotham was running on the box previously and not frodo.

And also as these boxes where bought as gifts just at xmas for the family members I am unsure if they can provide me with the amazon/ebay purchase info or if they even received any login details for the droidbox wizard etc. I will be asking them as soon as they finish work but what will be the outcome if they are unable to give me this information?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you need upgrade and password and username I would use the Live chat on our site as they can get you sort if the boxes aren't that old. I've heard of Kodi helix 14.1 running on ixm6 so I think it so posible , so worth the chat. Live chat is on our main site and is the green message box in the corner(office hours) good luck and hope it gets sorted