cbrage

Jan 30, 2015
ok so my box froze when you try to turn it on!

I did the factory reset which erased all my apps

now that its wiped clean I couldn't download an app cause it say there is no space ? there no way 6 gigs are used up after the reset , I turned it off to give up on it cause it is now useless , I decided to give it another go turned back on and all my apps were back like I never erased anything? good right watch movies for a couple of hours turn it off and then the next day bam!! again frozen , did factory reset and again lost everything and no space to download one app ??

can someone please explain what is going on and how I can fix it? I feel that i didn't loose everything its just hidden or something

do i need new firmware , I was never using an SD card before and I had tons of space to use

cbrage

Jan 30, 2015
update:

followed another link on this forum to put the recovery file on sd, followed the video and now its just a blank, black screen so needless to say I made it worse , any help would really help

liam1412

Jan 4, 2015
Im stuck at this stage also, I think if you unplug the HDMI and plug it back in, you will see the recovery screen. I'm stuck there!!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you see the recovery screen, can you select the Wipe data/factory reset option please.
Confirm you're certain, and allow the process to complete (you normally need to use the GO BACK/RETURN button on your remote control instead of OK to select options).
Once done, reboot without the SD card inserted, and once you see the launcher homescreen, wait a full 20 minutes. Don't click on anything and DEFINITELY don't reboot please.
If this doesn't help, send us an e-mail - [email protected] with the info mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/

cbrage

Jan 30, 2015
ok so only way to get to the recovery screen is only with the SD Card in, I wiped out the data and when I reboot in goes back to the recovery screen without me even pressing the reset button inside the A/V slot? if SD Card is not in its just a black screen

cbrage

Jan 30, 2015
Well for anyone that receives this box as a gift , and you run into problems then your SOL , they will not help you unless you are the person that purchased it and have to provide private info , I am in shock on why that is but it sucks , I suggested friends and family that they should get one and explained how it worked and they all enjoyed it, now that mine is a paper weight now cause I can't provide the info they want , I am extremely disappointment and won't even bother with this company again there are tons of others to choose from and I will go somewhere else and definitely won't recommend this company to anyone. Ha this post will probably be deleted anyways , good luck and I hope no one else has to experience what I have!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We'll not delete your post. If we needed to check you were a customer (or rather that the device was indeed from us), we should have been able to find the order via the postcode of the person it was delivered to, or the order number, or name, or phone number.

It sounds like someone at our end has made a mistake, for which I'm sorry.

You don't have to be the person that purchased it, but the "private info"... is it that you didn't want to tell us what we would already have in our system, or that you don't know the info? I'm sure we can resolve this.

If you want to contact us and speak in real time (well type...), you can do so via the live chat facility (during office hours) at the bottom of https://DroidBOX.co.uk

[edit]
Obviously I'm going to be biased, but if you ask most of the other forum members, you'll find your experience is not typical of the level of support we offer. I started off as a customer of this company, and liked it so much I started work here. Hopefully we'll be able to resolve this issue ASAP.

white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
Well for anyone that receives this box as a gift , and you run into problems then your SOL , they will not help you unless you are the person that purchased it and have to provide private info , I am in shock on why that is but it sucks , I suggested friends and family that they should get one and explained how it worked and they all enjoyed it, now that mine is a paper weight now cause I can't provide the info they want , I am extremely disappointment and won't even bother with this company again there are tons of others to choose from and I will go somewhere else and definitely won't recommend this company to anyone. Ha this post will probably be deleted anyways , good luck and I hope no one else has to experience what I have!
i find that your comment is truly unfair towards them at droidbox
i can assure you that when my imx6 box failed, i contacted them here on the forum and was advised to carry out certain steps, to see if i could get my box working again.
unfortunately my box failed to work again as i was having the same problems as you, when i spoke to the staff at droid box in real time and via email, they kindly offered me a replacement, after i passed private info over ( yes my box was bought as a gift )
since my replacement over a year ago i can honestly say that ive only ever had 1 problem that it wont OTA update, but im not to bothered about that as i can always update from here....

the members of droid box have served me well i my replacement and i defiantly purchase another box from them

great work guys keep it up...

Reactions: admin and ChrisM