john odonoghue

Sep 23, 2014
Hi hope someone can help me upgraded my imx6 box to kodi 14.1 works perfect except for one thing if I watch anything in SD picture is perfect but when I try a HD movie or program it like it in slow mo won't play normally at all bit of a shame really other wise like I said it perfect hope someone has a fix please . thanks in advance .

john odonoghue

Sep 23, 2014
Ya mate I've tried that if I click them all I have sound but no picture the only one that gives me picture and sound is libstagefright but even SD playback is in slo mo . when I have decoding method in software mod SD playback is perfect it the HD that's letting me down .shame really looks like it back to frodo for me

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I'm off out now, but I'll look into this later but if you go to setting,the same place look under video and change the refresh rate to match video to always. Then have a look at Audio make sure it matches your set up. I change one at a time so if it does not work you can change it back. Good luck and catch up later. Dave

john odonoghue

Sep 23, 2014
Hi mate I changed the refresh rate to always not sure what you mean bout audio And what you suppose to do sorry thanks for you help anyway mate

Barbella

Apr 1, 2015
Afternoon All, I too am having a problem with my android iMX6 box since I have upgraded to Kodi. I was having the issue of sound but no picture but I resolved that by changing the acceleration as per yer advice. Problem now is that it is stuttering, both picture and sound, when in HD and makes watching the programme impossible. I would really appreciate your help as I am at my wits end, esp as its school easter holidays and its lashing rain & I've three stroppy girls on my hands :( Thanks guys ;)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you ran the latest wizard, did you run the none modded one as this is better for this box. Also turn off the RSS feeds at the very bottom if your screen...that's in system,appearance , I think its there of the top of my head. Also if you want try the live chat in our main site, the link is on the front page if this forum. Then the little green box in the corner that say chat or messages. Good luck and hope you get sorted. Let me no please how you get in thanks Dave

Barbella

Apr 1, 2015
Thanks so much for your help David, still not working for me so I am going to wait for another week for the new wizard and then try it out again. Have it working on my laptop just my android box is being a pain in the butt. This might be my perfect excuse to upgrade ;)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Barbella, sorry to here this, have you tried changing the Audio settings in system, then system again. Then check the setting level at the bottom left corner is set to advanced, now check
Video output..check this
Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen is on
Vertical blank sync Change to Alway enabled
Now go to Audio output.. Check this
Number of channels matchs your set up ie stereo =2.0
Enable passthrough is set off
Now go back and go to video (in system) then playback
Turn off Adjust display refresh rate it match video and sync playback to display is not highlighted
Now go to Acceleration and Decoding method is set to Hardware accelerated and highlight Libstagefright and Mediacodec.
Try this please and see if it works, if not at least we tried, good luck and many thanks Dave