Christie G

Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

Have been having a number of problems with the box. I upgraded to Gotham using your online guide. I had to install a number of times to get to work at all. I was then unable to stream any video content just audio. I checked the forum and tried the setting changes but it didn't work. I seen that it was possible to go back to frodo. I went through the same steps to reload frodo. XBMC wouldn't open. I switched the box off and when it restarted I had lost all the apps for sports and movies etc. I tried to run DP installer but I'm now getting a message that I don't have enough memory even though I have lost everything. I have also had a slight flicker with the box when using XBMC. What can I do to get everything up and running?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We don't have an online guide for installing Gotham XBMC on an iMX6 as far as I'm aware. We do for RockChip devices, and some people have had no problems installing Gotham on AMLogic based devices (such as the M6 and iMX6) by disabling hardware acceleration for video, but we don't yet have an DroidBOX release for Gotham XBMC on an iMX6.
I'd start from scratch in your scenario. Carry out a factory reset via the RECOVERY MENU (not the Android Settings menu entry). Check the procedure to get to the Recovery Menu here - How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu
Once you can see the menu, select Wipre data/factory reset with the go back/return key on your remote control, then confirm you're certain. Allow the process to complete, reboot, and if any set up screens appear, complete them. Select which launcher you want to use, wait for the launcher's homescreen to appear, then leave your device along completely for 20 minutes - don't click on anything or turn the device off. (This allows time for the apps to automatically reinstall).
Once the device has settled down, open up XBMC, run the DroidBOX Wizard (selecting the pack that mentions Android iMX6), and once this completes, click OK and remove the power lead from your DroidBOX device. Wait a couple of seconds, turn on, open up XBMC, allow any updates to complete, and from now on, you can return to exiting XBMC via the power/standby icon, as normal.

Christie G

Oct 5, 2014
We don't have an online guide for installing Gotham XBMC on an iMX6 as far as I'm aware. We do for RockChip devices, and some people have had no problems installing Gotham on AMLogic based devices (such as the M6 and iMX6) by disabling hardware acceleration for video, but we don't yet have an DroidBOX release for Gotham XBMC on an iMX6.
I'd start from scratch in your scenario. Carry out a factory reset via the RECOVERY MENU (not the Android Settings menu entry). Check the procedure to get to the Recovery Menu here - How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu
Once you can see the menu, select Wipre data/factory reset with the go back/return key on your remote control, then confirm you're certain. Allow the process to complete, reboot, and if any set up screens appear, complete them. Select which launcher you want to use, wait for the launcher's homescreen to appear, then leave your device along completely for 20 minutes - don't click on anything or turn the device off. (This allows time for the apps to automatically reinstall).
Once the device has settled down, open up XBMC, run the DroidBOX Wizard (selecting the pack that mentions Android iMX6), and once this completes, click OK and remove the power lead from your DroidBOX device. Wait a couple of seconds, turn on, open up XBMC, allow any updates to complete, and from now on, you can return to exiting XBMC via the power/standby icon, as normal.

I tried the factory reset via the guide and nothing is happening. The box just starts as normal.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you have a genuine DroidBOX iMX6, purchased via our website or Amazon/eBay (our shop is listed as xbmcgadgetshub on both sites), the recovery menu will appear.
Just to double check...
Remove the power lead.
Insert a match into the AV socket, until you feel a little bit of resistance.
Push harder, and you'll feel or hear a slight click.
Keeping the match held in still, re-attach the power lead, and turn the device on if necessary.
Keep the match in place until the recovery menu appears.

In the last six months, we've had about 20 iMX6 devices returned due to the recovery menu not appearing. They've always actually worked.
If you try again, and get the recovery menu up, could you let me know which part of the instructions need clarification - I've done the process so many times it is possible that I've not noticed some detail that I should include to ensure the process can be completed.

Christie G

Oct 5, 2014
I have tried the process again a few times but to no avail. I'm ending up at the 3d menu. The recovery menu is not appearing. I bought the box direct from your site. Order no 107469.