lo55go

Feb 10, 2016
Installed HDD tonight and when I rebooted box up I got this screen. Now I can't get the box to reboot onto normal screen once I've removed HDD
4ed8aaa6807ccb116fb7127624891f11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Installed HDD tonight and when I rebooted box up I got this screen. Now I can't get the box to reboot onto normal screen once I've removed HDD
4ed8aaa6807ccb116fb7127624891f11.jpg

Hello,

Sorry for an issue.
You will need to factory reset your device and that will resolve an issue.
Follow the below video guide to factory reset your device :

lo55go

Feb 10, 2016
Sean
No I didn't run droidbox games market.
I just installed a new sata 2.5 1TB HDD then turned box & got this screen.

Qaisir
After removing HDD I did factory reset & yes it resolved the issue.
So I reinstalled HDD again & everything was OK when rebooted[emoji106]
So I formatted the HDD in openelec. So far so good it recognised HDD & formatted.
Rebooted into android & went into setting to see if HDD was recognised. Yes
Switched off box and just got back home and start box back up again and the blue Lapland pic has reappeared.

Is the HDD corrupting the box for some reason? It's a brand new HDD brought from droidbox

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Don't think the hdd is corrupting the box as this is the 1st have heard about that giving the blue screen from installing. I had a problem with my 1tb hdd keep being disconnected when installed internally so another member put me onto buying a caddy usb 3.0 that your hdd goes into and connects thru usb. Works a treat and would highly recommend, you need some admin around to shed some light on your situation. You could try and uninstall db games market without hdd in then try again formatting and see if that works??

paul brooks

Feb 18, 2016
I got this too I ready HHD in but after putting the update for t8 s plus that's what's it does tried the pin reset does same blue screen

lo55go

Feb 10, 2016
Just an update.
So I factory reset box with sata 2.5 1TB HDD still in this time and uninstalled droidbox games market.
Box recognise the HDD inside so up till now the dreaded blue island hasn't returned.
Installed kodi 16 dbmc & busy putting a new build[emoji106]
All good for now[emoji2]

Reactions: sean99

Mark Flemming

Nov 9, 2015
I have noticed that when I try and install a 500gb Tosh HD @9.5mm thick that it pushes down onto the heatsink and if I had fitted the screws it almost certainly would have dislodged it. Looking at the design it will not take an internal drive unless its about 8mm thick?, not to happy about that as I paid extra for the "S", maybe this is the problem? and its causing the CPU to overheat? Any idea's, did you have any problems putting the cover back on?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Mark DB did recommend using a 7.5 mm internall hdd when new box was released.

Mark Flemming

Nov 9, 2015
Hi Mark DB did recommend using a 7.5 mm internall hdd when new box was released.
Hi Sean99, ah, ok I did not see this?, only looked at the "compare Models" screen which states using 9.5mm?, its anoying as I have six spare 2.5mm hard drives 3 are IDE, so no use and the other three are all 9.5mm thick which it would appear are also no good, isnt that always the way?

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I don't use mine internally Mark as I use a caddy usb3.0. The hdd was always disconnecting itself internally and its lightning quick and responsive powered by usb3.0. Hope this helps you mate.

Mark Flemming

Nov 9, 2015
I don't use mine internally Mark as I use a caddy usb3.0. The hdd was always disconnecting itself internally and its lightning quick and responsive powered by usb3.0. Hope this helps you mate.
Hi, thats an an option, just waiting to hear from their support befor I decide what to do, am a little stuck for space so would have been ideal to stick inside?, but if its going to be unreliable anyway then thats not good!
Thanks Sean99

Reactions: sean99

lo55go

Feb 10, 2016
Mark f
I just bought my HDD from droidbox so I knew it would fit. That many to choose from I didn't know which one to buy.
I have it installed now and hasn't disconnected yet. I just need to play with the box more to see what I can fill the extra memory with.

Reactions: Mark Flemming