Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Morning, does IPVanish slow down internet speed, I've been trawling through the forum which suggests from some posts that it does and others are recommended. I'm still after a good stream, it's ok for about the first 20 minutes then becomes very stop/start and yet on the Speedtest I'm getting 50mbps

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Most vpns slow down internet speed by nature of all the latency introduced by that diverse traffic routing. In that respect ip vanish is no better or worse than other vpns.
Remember you only need 8mbps to get good quality hd streams.
In many cases the source of stop/start streaming and buffering usually lies on the server sourcing the stream and too much contention.
Solutions include hunting down another stream or maybe spending money on a premium streaming service like real debrid.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I use RealDebrid and a good VPN. I dont really get dropouts with it and its good enough for Live Sports Etc along with HD.
As Nigelar says - you dont need a lot to view HD Streams.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi Guys, thanks very much for your replies, very much appreciated. I'm a big cricket fan and was scouring the channels for the South Africa game, unfortunately the pictures from PureSports and Rising Tide which although were excellent pictures were constantly dropping out, thankfully found a link with UKTurks that's lasted for an hour or so now ( that's tempting fate isn't it ) I'll certainly have a look at Real Debrid if it's not too expensive

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I use IPVanish and usually get close to full speed if not the max speed of my connection. My guess would be the source server is causing the buffering.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Guys, thanks very much for your replies, very much appreciated. I'm a big cricket fan and was scouring the channels for the South Africa game, unfortunately the pictures from PureSports and Rising Tide which although were excellent pictures were constantly dropping out, thankfully found a link with UKTurks that's lasted for an hour or so now ( that's tempting fate isn't it ) I'll certainly have a look at Real Debrid if it's not too expensive

Real debrid is good for movies and TV show streaming. It is not really something I would recommend for live sports.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for your input Guys, I meant to ask is there an add-on where the Acestream channels are working , each one I try doesn't appear to be doing anything

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
thanks Nigelar, yes I'm more of a sports fan than movies though I've got to find Paddington 2 for the mrs sometime, best add-on for movies please ( anything to keep the peace )

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Acestream channels are hit and miss. A lot depends on whether anyone else is actually sharing the stream. I also know that addon developers find it difficult getting hold of working links - puresports stopped hosting them for example. There's a new sports add-on - the Loop - which I haven't looked at yet which claims to have acestream links.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
thanks Nigelar, yes I'm more of a sports fan than movies though I've got to find Paddington 2 for the mrs sometime, best add-on for movies please ( anything to keep the peace )
Currently placenta or Neptune both in Mr blamos rep.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Uranus is also a good one that links to RD and Trakt. You can install from file using Blamos address.