james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
i am currently about to buy a box after i have chosen which i want, i foiund some forums saying not many boxes use 5, i was looking at the t8-2 plus which is the current top model and does come with android 5, the box below it has been out for agges and says it still only comes with android 4, does that mean its never liklely to be upgraded to 5 or once you run it will it actually upgrade to 5?

if not then is there much difference in what you can / can't do?

i read some forums saying android 5 may have some limitations.

does anyone know?
regards

james

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
I have T8-s plus and I sorted a T8-s for a friend

Mine is with lollipop, his kit kat.

From what I have seen and have read from others, the T8-s with kit kat is more stable. Lollipop is also missing the task bar which limits easy use of certain apps (hola being an obvious one). I don't see much in the way of other benefits one way or the other.

Though, I like to future proof as much as possible. .... so will always buy the newest version of whatever and live with short term failings until patched

I believe droidbox areally currently beta testing lollipop on the T8-s and T8

james_uk

Feb 19, 2016
does that work do you know?
i have just bought the T8-S Plus with android 5 plus the VIPRemote

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The functions are duplicated on the vip remote anyway so if they are not present on screen use the remote.

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
Correct as they are on my logitech k400 plus keyboard/touch.

Doesn't solve the issue of no top task/notification bar though

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
i am currently about to buy a box after i have chosen which i want, i foiund some forums saying not many boxes use 5, i was looking at the t8-2 plus which is the current top model and does come with android 5, the box below it has been out for agges and says it still only comes with android 4, does that mean its never liklely to be upgraded to 5 or once you run it will it actually upgrade to 5?

if not then is there much difference in what you can / can't do?

i read some forums saying android 5 may have some limitations.

does anyone know?
regards

james
The T8-S PLUS is running on LL 5.1.1 and other devices are running on Kitkat 4.4.2 and you can't upgrade the device until we will not release the firmware update for the device. We are soon going ti release Android 5.1 for T8-S and we are working on that as of now.
Regarding advantages and disadvantages of LL 5.1.1 and Kitkat 4.2.2, LL 5.1.1 is the advanced version and some people find it difficult to use but it has good interactiveUI and is fast as compared to other devices.
T8-S PLUS LL has 32gb of main internal memory while as other devices such as T8-S or M5 has only 16 or 8gb internal memory.

Reactions: thegazsheard