massivedrive

Dec 16, 2014
Hi
Just did the update for the latest version of KODI.
How do I get all the addons that were on previous versions please? Is there a place that explains how to use the wizard installer please?
Thanks

ali252

Sep 25, 2015
If I upgrade to the new version do I lose all the addons that I have put in myself manually as extra to the ones included.

citybluematt

Aug 27, 2015
Install Backup from program add ons. It backs up all you're add ons, and you can restore them once you've ungraded. Unfortunately any custom changes you've made to the skin, backgrounds etc, don't get transferred, when you upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ali252

bazsim

Jun 29, 2015
Hi
Just did the update for the latest version of KODI.
How do I get all the addons that were on previous versions please? Is there a place that explains how to use the wizard installer please?
Thanks
I put all the addons in myself but if just copy them all to my sd card , like I did once upon a time . but I've forgot how I did it ?

bazsim

Jun 29, 2015
I put all the addons in myself 1 at a time ,but if just copy them all to my sd card , like I did once upon a time . but I've forgot how I did it ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
is says xbmcbackup.val is only 92B , this seems a big low ? but I'm only a learner .. thanks again .
92bytes is 100% not a backup of anything vaguely important.
This reply alone is over 90 bytes I suspect!
Didn't want to leave that part not responded to specifically.

You mentioned that you'd backed up manually in the past...
If you open the ES File Explorer application and close any introductory messages, click on the Android folder (if you can't see it, click the HOME link found in the LOCAL menu on the left). Then Data. You're now looking for org.xbmc.kodi . You can now either copy that entire folder (longclick on the folder, select COPY at the bottom) to a USB device or SD card (click the PASTE button when in the right folder), then copy it back when you need to restore the backup. Or you can expand the TOOLS menu on the left, turn on Show hidden files option, normal (short) click on the org.xbmc.kodi folder, then the files folder. Now you can click the previously hidden .kodi folder, and copy and paste the USERDATA, MEDIA and ADDONS folders. I believe those are the only three you'll need (Media has the Wookie wallpaper/splashscreen in it).

Last edited:
Reactions: bazsim

bazsim

Jun 29, 2015
You mentioned that you'd backed up manually in the past...
If you open the ES File Explorer application and close any introductory messages, click on the Android folder (if you can't see it, click the HOME link found in the LOCAL menu on the left). Then Data. You're now looking for org.xbmc.kodi . You can now either copy that entire folder (longclick on the folder, select COPY at the bottom) to a USB device or SD card (click the PASTE button when in the right folder), then copy it back when you need to restore the backup. Or you can expand the TOOLS menu on the left, turn on Show hidden files option, normal (short) click on the org.xbmc.kodi folder, then the files folder. Now you can click the previously hidden .kodi folder, and copy and paste the USERDATA, MEDIA and ADDONS folders. I believe those are the only three you'll need (Media has the Wookie wallpaper/splashscreen in it).
Hi,
so Is this with addons on kodi 15.2 or not ? https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/kodi-spmc-and-dbmc-downloads/ Thanks

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Reactions: bazsim

azabhoy

Jan 14, 2015
The top link there ( KODI 15.2 Final (now with PVR addons) ) is Kodi 15.2 It has the PVR add-ons missing from some other builds, and the repository for the Wookie Wizard pre-installed, so the https://openstreams.wordpress.com/ guide works.
After updating to Kodi 15.2 and installing Wookie, is there any way you can replace XBMC large icon with Kodi icon on main screen?
image.jpeg

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Support can advise but I think you would need to do a firmware update as the link is hard coded (and reinstall everything). See the blog on the main droidbox page for latest firmware.
There are some workarounds, however.
You could copy the kodi 15.2 icon from the android main apps page and post it as a short cut on the home page.
You could also replace the home page launcher with a customised version which is what I did - see here

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/replacing-the-mbox-launcher-home-screen-a-solution.3131/