Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Just what we need on this forum!!
It is out of beta testing and can now be officially downloaded.
Btw it does not support karaoke addon so if you use that, stick with 15.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I've got a vip remote SS so "ok" works as "ok" on that if you get my meaning.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
How do I get my T8S to update to kodi 16 ? . If I download 16 and go to install it stops saying something about a signature clash ( An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed )

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The sledgehammer solution would be to uninstall the old version of kodi. But you will need to reinstall your addons again if you do that.
Which site did you get your kodi 16.0 from or is it an auto update from google play? What version are you currently running? Where did you get that from?

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
I downloaded the apk from kodi site . I'm running 15.2 with wookie kust now . Ive not had an update from google but I could try that now .

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think you will have to uninstall the current version even if you go to google play, but by all means try that.
If you do reinstall you will need to run the wookie again although you could try backing up your current configuration to an sd card and restoring after reinstalling kodi.
Future updates should automatically update from google play over the top of the new installation i.e. you will not need to set up your addons again.

As to the source of your error, a suggestion from the official kodi forum is that your 15.2 is somehow "unofficial" (perhaps it has been customised in some way) hence the conflict. Did you buy the t8S from droidbox? This might be important information for other users trying to update.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Yeah its from droidbox ... its there version of kodi built in that I'm running so that must be the issue .

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks minkbomb.
My box had official kodi 15.2 from google play so the update for me was seamless.
Dave - is it worth alerting droidbox support to see if there are any upgrade issues installing official kodi on top of the version delivered with droidboxes?
Maybe they can run a few tests and if necessary put a note out on the forum or in the blog?