urie

Dec 27, 2017
Hi There trying to backup my kodi setup on new T95Z Plus box using usb-sdcard wizard i can restore backup from laptop to t95z plus using usb-sdcard wizard but try what may it comes up with error saying read log file when i check kodi log python errors, also it has path of where I made backup to on laptop even tried the normal kodi default backup addon it thind usb thumdrive and sdcard are not writable. usb-sdcard wizard works ok on laptop in windows 10.

Any one else having problems trying to backup kodi.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the issue boils down to Kodi not being able to write to the external devices, it might be worth backing up to internal storage, then copying the file(s) across in ES File Explorer/File Manager HD/your preferred Android file management app.
If you'd prefer not to do this, you could also try https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/network-sharing-local-storage-for-kodi-and-dbmc/ , when setting the backup location point it to the network path you'll have set up, rather than the external device directly.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just to expand on ChrisM's suggestion to use es file explorer to backup you kodi config, in es make sure you enable 'show hidden files' from the tools menu on the left and copy the addons, userdata (media also if using a splash screen) from the path:- 0/ android/ data/ org.xbmc.kodi/ files/ kodi. Copy and paste the said files to your download/ usb device or ext hdd, now you have your kodi backup. To restore from this backup just paste your saved files and overwrite the files from the above path

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

urie

Dec 27, 2017
While on the subject do any of you guys use adblink I can connect to mxq and t95z via wifi but cannot connect using usb A to A cable (off subject ) but firestick connects no problem via usb.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Worth checking the Developer Options in Android's settings? If it isn't present, it would be worth clicking the Build Info area 5(?10?) times in the About device/phone/tablet section, then going back one screen.
Tried using adb via commandline, rather than the GUI?
Also, AFAIK only one of the USB sockets will work, sometimes marked up as "OTG". Apologies if any of this is attempting to teach a granny to suck eggs, just a few thoughts on the topic.

(It is entirely possible that the devices can't be connected to via USB for ADB, but thanks for info regarding WiFi working. I've not got one to test with, otherwise I'd try the above myself).

urie

Dec 27, 2017
Thanks ChrisM, yeah set all the usuall usb debugging unknown sources e.t.c. Haven't tried via command line never used that before