jimbo1964

Mar 15, 2015
Just been emailed by droidbox kodi for my t8 and i have deleted xbmc, but on my main screen launcher the xbmc folder is still there and i cant find an option to change it from xbmc to kodi. i have put it has a small icon underneath the xbmc folder by using the + icon. Does anyone know how i replace the xbmc folder with the kodi one. thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Easiest way long term is to switch to a stock launcher and create your own shortcuts or widgets.
You could unpack the launcher, edit the files, alter the shortcut icon and where it leads to, repack and sign the app, then copy it to the right system directory, change the permissions and reboot.

Personally I'd either switch to a launcher from the Play Store (Next, Go Launcher EX, people have different favourites). Don't click the ALWAYS option when selecting the new launcher... some don't interact well if you're using the original infrared remote control. . Either that or live with the non-functioning icon.
Another approach is to use something like Themer on any old stock-like launcher. Seehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycolorscreen.themer&hl=enIt takes a while to personalize, but the breadth of available themes there is great.

Reactions: ChrisM