Pauladev

Oct 1, 2014
Kids wow, I went away for a month over Christmas, and came back and fired up the M8 today to find about 10 minutes worth of add on updates and the new stable Kodi 14 on offer.
I visited the Kodi forums to try and get some info, but most of it us way too technical for me.
Basically I want to know how to use xbmc backup add on, before I try and install the update. I installed the xbmc backup, but when I tried to use it, I got as far as backup mode, and then 'Error: Remote path doesn't exist'. I am stuck there and would appreciate some help with backing up my present setup and then a lesson on how to update to Kodi 14.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Pauladev We don't yet officially support Kodi. Unless it has a killer feature not to be found in Gotham, I'd hang fire until at least 14.1 or 14.2
If you want to go ahead and try, then that backup add-on is complaining that the location currently set for backup files to be placed in to doesn't yet exist. Instead of clicking on the backup add-on, press the Menu (or C key if your remote has a QWERTY keyboard) button instead. From here you can check the settings for this add-on, and make sure the remote path is set to something that does exist - I'd use an external hard drive, memory card or USB flash drive to export your settings/data to.

Pauladev

Oct 1, 2014
@Pauladev We don't yet officially support Kodi. Unless it has a killer feature not to be found in Gotham, I'd hang fire until at least 14.1 or 14.2
If you want to go ahead and try, then that backup add-on is complaining that the location currently set for backup files to be placed in to doesn't yet exist. Instead of clicking on the backup add-on, press the Menu (or C key if your remote has a QWERTY keyboard) button instead. From here you can check the settings for this add-on, and make sure the remote path is set to something that does exist - I'd use an external hard drive, memory card or USB flash drive to export your settings/data to.

Do you officially support Kodi yet? If so how do I get it in , wizarded and stable. I had a great four or five months with Gotham, then suddenly it stopped loading after some shutdown issues, so I uninstalled and trying to get it working again. As I have lost all my data and settings, it might be a good time to move to Kodi, if the old M8 is up to it.