Brian Wareham

Dec 31, 2016
I turned on my box today and when I clicked on the kodi icon the normal page did not load. I just got a bar with Pictures/Videos/Music/Programs/System across a blue screen with bubbles.

No shortcuts to films or sports etc.

It is running Kodi 16.1 skin set to confluence.

I have been using the box for a couple of months with no problems but now have no idea what to do.

Any help gratefully received.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Brian it sounds like kodi has reset itself probably due to the way it has been shutdown in the past. Kodi needs to be shutdown from within kodi to prevent this from happening and not by turning the box off or standby. You will need to install your sources/addons again manually unless you made a backup of your setup. Hope this helps and goodluck.

Reactions: sblabs

Brian Wareham

Dec 31, 2016
Thanks for your reply Sean. I bought the box already set up so I will have a play with it when I get home and see what I can do. I may come back for advice on how to do it. Many thanks for your help.

Brian Wareham

Dec 31, 2016
Ok, I have been floundering around for half an hour and got precisely nowhere, trouble is I am not even sure what I am looking for. I have gone through program add-ons and Settings add-ons clicked on various icons but nothing seems to happen.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Glad your sorted, don't forget to close kodi down within the build before you exit:)

Brian Wareham

Dec 31, 2016
Haha, spoke to soon. Not getting any sound from the box now. Not through the TV or sound system. I will play with that after I have finished watching the footy ....... in silence! lol

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Maybe the stream has no sound rather than your box setup, happens quite often with live footy.