Kristo32

Aug 7, 2016
hi all,

Hopefully this is a short question and quick answer.

I have Kodi on firestick with wookie installed. When I open Kodi wookie auto loads which is great really but stops me from using Kodi for anything else!
How do I stop wookie from auto loading so I can use it to install other bits n bobs??

Thanks in advance

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thats the way it is! Look for "system" or "settings" in the sub menus depending on which wookie build you've installed, and you will get access to the standard addon installation functions.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes. But be aware if you ever reinstall a wookie build you will lose anything you've manually installed.

Kristo32

Aug 7, 2016
Thank you. Not being a massive user of all of these progs I assume wookie is as good as any other? I tried one called the beast which wasn't quite as easy to install but seems pretty much the same? Any suggestions?

K

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To be clear wookie is a folder or access path for many builds. Theres wookie lite, for example, which is a cut down efficient version and many, many others. If it does what you want then it is good enough. Some people engage in endless quests for the perfect build. But why not try Seans build. Sean is a member of this droidbox user forum and does regular updates.

Kristo32

Aug 7, 2016
Ok great. Thank you for your help and for not shooting me down in flames!

Can I ask, how would I access that build? Search for a thread or other?

I have noticed that an install like mobdro loads the channels I use a lot quicker and without any breaks (buffer issues) unlike the build versions but like you can see, I'm just a plain user and not an expert

Thanks again

Debe

Aug 12, 2016
I am a complete beginner and have the same problem, I installed Wookie thinking it would give me an option which I would click on to use but it appears to have overwritten the Kodi interface and if I click on Kodi it goes straight to Wookie. I cannot find the setting to change it anywhere and am using Kodi 16.1 is there a way of getting back to the original interface as I get a lot of log errors and poor streaming with Wookie. Thank you.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You need to go into android settings apps kodi then clear data. That will reset kodi to a fresh state and you can set up from scratch.
You could rerun wookie and pick another build if you prefer.

Debe

Aug 12, 2016
Thank you. So if I do that do I just add HB Box and stuff like afterwards? The box came with stuff loaded and I would have preferred to remove Wookie without taking anything else off but this isn't looking do able!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I'm in a good mood. Yes wiping data will wipe everything. you will need to set up from scratch again. Seans build within wookie - community builds is well maintained you could go with that.