twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello

Device: T8SPlus

Quick question. I still have Jarvis and not looking to move completely to Krypton yet. I was thinking of slowly getting used to Krypton by using LibreELEC which is where I believe Krypton is following the latest update.

However my LibreELEC is still on 7.0.3. I have tried to see if I can update while in Libre but to no avail. It does not show any updates.

As mentioned, I have done the latest update though when I press OTA Updates and downloads nothing comes up. There is no update available either. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to have Jarvis and Krypton on my box?

I seriously cannot go through redoing Kodi from scratch. I need to take my time if Krypton while still using Jarvis and then when I am ready, I can then go full time to Krypton.

Another question. If I download Kodi (Krypton) form Play store can I rename it before the download so that it does not override Jarvis?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered previously.

Any help (or telling off) would be much appreciated.

Regards

twa96

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The answer to your question is you cannot have vanilla Kodi 17 and 16 on the same machine.
However, you can run Kodi and dbmc (and spmc or any other Kodi fork) as separate instances. So you could have the following combination (or variants) if you wanted
Kodi 17.1
Dbmc 16.n
Spmc 15.2 (if you wanted).

Kodi 17 is still regarded by many as unstable. Personally I will wait until the bugs have been ironed out before migrating. For the record, I use dbmc 16.6 based on spmc. Even when dbmc 17 is released I will probably remain on 16.6 until I am convinced all the major bugs have been removed.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
An update for LibreELEC is currently being tested here in the forum for the T8-S Plus v2 and T8 Mini models. If this goes well enough, it will be released.
The T8-S Plus v1 is also on the list, if the v2 & Mini goes well, it shouldn't be too long until we have one to test in this area of the forum.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi

Sorry for late response. I decided to install 17.1 fresh.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

twa96