Carol Matthews

Jan 28, 2016
Hi Ive just installed my new Droidbox and have noticed that all the information language is in German. Also when I open XBMC there is a blue box right in the middle of the top of the screen saying Zum Schliben des Vollbids von oben nach unten wishchen. Its driving me nuts and I dont seem to be able to turn it off or change the language. Any ideas?

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, From your main homepage go to your settings then more settings, scroll down to sprache & eingabe (German) then click on sprache and change it to English (uk)

Carol Matthews

Jan 28, 2016
OK, thanks I will give that a try. Have you any idea about the blue screen in the middle of the top of the screen when going into Kodi saying something like Zum Schliben des Vollbids von oben nach unten wishchen.?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It's the standard kodi screen opening message in German. Literally translated as
"close the frame from top to bottom wipe".
I found that funny ☺️

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
When you reset the language it will appear in english. It normally appears on first set up so you can safely ignore it. Normally there is something to click on the screen like "next" to move on.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hi Ive just installed my new Droidbox and have noticed that all the information language is in German. Also when I open XBMC there is a blue box right in the middle of the top of the screen saying Zum Schliben des Vollbids von oben nach unten wishchen. Its driving me nuts and I dont seem to be able to turn it off or change the language. Any ideas?
From Home screen go into Settings(Two cogs) then select 4th option which is Other, then select 2nd option which is more settings.
After clicking on More settings then scroll down on Language and Inputs which will be the 12th option i guess with icon 'A', then click on it.
After clicking on Language and inputs select the 1st option which will be Select Language and there you can change your language.

Also to get the rid of the notification inside Kodi, press the Cursor button once on your remote and then use the Arrow keys around the OK button to drag the cursor up and down. Take the Cursor on the OK option on the screen and then press OK button on your remote and that will disable the notification.
You can also follow the below video to get rid of this notification:

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM