Edgey

Mar 15, 2015
Lymm, Cheshire
Had my T8 for two and a half years and had problems so I've just done a full reset and reinstall kodi 16.1 . downloaded wookie and installed wookie retro but the build doesn't appear to load properly .when I launch kodi there are no icons no apps appearing as if the Wookie build has not installed properly .any suggestions would be most welcome how to fix this. I've cleared data so have no wookie and I'm just using basic kodi I'm a bit of a technophobe and hence I've got no addons. any idea what is the best version of kodi to install on my old T8 and will I be able to get wookie installed and working properly?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
First off, I would try one of the other wookie builds and see if you get better results (I recollect some issues reported with the retro build similar to yours last year). The usual solution of clearing data etc does not appear to have worked in your case. Make sure you've selected from the wookie Kodi 16 section not Kodi 17 as we had someone on here do just that last week.
Regarding Kodi versions on your t8, you will know that because the t8 runs android 4.4.2 it is not possible to update to official Kodi 17. However, all is not lost. Have a read of this. I run CEMC successfully on older t8 machines.
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/get-kodi-17-krypton-on-android-4-jellybean-devices/