Liver_Diver

Jan 11, 2015
Liverpool
Recently the v3 launcher keeps stopping and has to re-launched and similarly the weather widget has stopped working and more than one box. Anybody seem similar these boxes seemed to have developed some instability issues. Any body any ideas?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Certainly there are current issues with the weather widget which Droidbox have acknowledged in a recent thread. Not certain about the launcher.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk

Justin71

Jan 18, 2019
Hello,

I had the same issue which is why I found and joined this forum today. I kept getting the message "unfortunately DBX launcher v2 has stopped" which was preventing my Droidbox from working properly.

I'd already Googled the issue, found the DBX launcher under apps and tried deleting the cache, and then data, but this didn't seem to work for me.

However, on another thread on this forum I noticed someone mentioning they use the Nova Launcher app. I use this app on my Note 8 (awesome by the way) so I installed it from Google Play on the Droidbox. I installed two apps, Nova Launcher and Nova Launcher Prime. Now, I can't remember if I paid anything for Nova Launcher Prime a long time ago (as it's linked to my Google Play account and didn't show a cost as I may have already paid for it) or whether it's free. Take a look and see but if there is a charge I'm sure it'll be minimal.

Anyway, I downloaded both apps, the Droidbox asked which launcher I wanted to use, DBX launcher or Nova, I selected Nova, it then asked just this once or always, so I selected always... and my Droidbox is now working perfectly again.

The launcher does have a different look to DBX so it might take a bit of time to adjust, but it's very customisable if you want to spend a bit of time making it look how you want, and above anything else your Droidbox will work again!!

Hope that's of help

Justin

Reactions: Nigelar and Dave C