Custardy

Jul 29, 2017
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help with a problem I'm having since applying the OTA Update for LibreElec v 8.0.2 Kodi 17.3.

Having purchased a T8-S V2 box in the last couple of weeks and had it running without issue through the installed LibreElec / Kodi 16 version, last weekend I applied an OTA update available – loading the LibreElec Kodi 17.3 version. In attempting to play the same videos (1080p and 4k) through this version, I am now frequently getting a loss of vision / audio at video start-up – which I've found can be restored by switching the AV receiver off and on.

I would appreciate any advice / suggestions on how to resolve, or advice if this is a known issue - thanks in advance :)

For information, my setup is the T8-S V2 is connected to:

- 1Gb Ethernet network and QNAP NAS
- HDMI to Denon X3300W AV Receiver, connecting to Samsung KS8000 4K TV

The HDMI cables in this setup are all new v2.0 cables

As a separate question, does anyone know when TrueHD Audio will be supported through the T8-S V2 Android o/s Kodi / DBMC implementations?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Please factory reset (clear data) if this wasn't done when the OTA was applied.

Does the same issue occur if you temporarily connect the DroidBOX to the TV directly, bypassing the AV receiver? Is audio carried by HDMI, or are you using the optical socket instead?

If you normally install a build/wizard, can you clear Kodi and JUST install the YouTube add-on from the official Kodi repository. If playback is OK on 1080p videos, try installing one video add-on that you normally use, but again manually, rather than via a build. If that is OK, then you might find you can keep the build, but removing their modifications for settings.

If that doesn't help, head to the System cog in Kodi's homescreen, then Player Settings. Now click the bottom left cog and text until it states Expert. Now on the Videos tab, experiment one at a time with the "Adjust display refresh rate" option, the acceleration options in the "Processing" area.
Ah, also worth double checking whether the resolution selected in System Settings>Display is the native resolution/refresh rate for your TV, if not, then manually adjust.