RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
LibreELEC with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 on my V1 box freezes sometimes and does not download the add-ons smoothly. I am presently using Android version of DBMC with few more problems.

This box I bought primarily for using as a Kodi box for my two media HDDs. If a fix is released for OpenELEC Kodi 16.1 to run smoothly, I would be very happy.

If LibreELEC 8.0 with Kodi 17 for V1 works perfectly, then all my problems will be solved. What I need is a smoothly operating Kodi Box.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
I was told we might have a OTA update by the weekend, so you never know it might be in the new OTA.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
just use your box and enjoy it guys, dont worry about it.

yes we will get libreELEC v8 once the devs get the source code. for the v1 and v2 boxes

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Why do people think that selling a slightly older droidbox is a good idea?
Technology moves on, but everything still works and will do for a long time yet.

Reactions: sean99 and sblabs

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
On my T8-S V1 box I am not able to download anything on LibreELEC Kodi 16.1. Not even one add-on from Kodi repository. Every add-on will try to download and then ultimately fails.

Is it due to some rights issue preventing the downloading add-ons not copying to the internal storage area?

ChrisM's fix has solved the problem on Android side but on LibreELEC side it has not solved.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
On my T8-S V1 box I am not able to download anything on LibreELEC Kodi 16.1. Not even one add-on from Kodi repository. Every add-on will try to download and then ultimately fails.

Is it due to some rights issue preventing the downloading add-ons not copying to the internal storage area?

ChrisM's fix has solved the problem on Android side but on LibreELEC side it has not solved.

i use to get this problem some times on v7.0.2 i use to click the youtube addon and it was like it would wake libreELEC up.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
go to system libreelec settings click on Network make sure you have your network connected.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
do u think they will update android 6 on the v1??

like i told you in the other post

As far as I know Amlogic have not released a SDK for the s812 chip and to be honest they probably will not now they moved on to the s9xx chipset, but you never know am sure if DBX get the drivers for marshmallow they will past the update on.

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
go to system libreelec settings click on Network make sure you have your network connected.
That was the first step, I checked and I was connected to my wifi. Even my clock was syncing to my region and showing correct time. One or two add-ons got updated and then nothing gets downloaded or updated. Sometimes LibreELEC freezes and I needed to reboot.

dick b

Jan 24, 2017
I found wi-fi on the V1 not good on LibreELEC but it runs fine with an ethernet connection,if its possible ethernet is best anyway even if it means a long cable.

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I have only one LAN port on my wi-fi modem and it is connected to Vonage modem. I may have to use WD N600 router (lying around in my cupboard) for getting the extra LAN ports.

I will give it a try this weekend and see if it works...

Thanks Dick...

dick b

Jan 24, 2017
yeah I have a computer and a tv box in a room a long way from my router so just run one ethernet cable from the router then use a 5 port desktop switch which works a treat.its a TP-Link TL-SF1005D .