Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Hi All
Just noticed a very small and unimportant issue .... it is annoying me however lol .
On the home screen by the clock it used to show where I am.
Now it just has the spinning disc and "Locating By Network".
Ive clicked on it and entered my location again but it still just spins away ?
Its not important but it used to have my location and the weather and temperature but now it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Nothings changed at my end and a router restart doesn't seem to help either.
Anyone else seeing this or is it just me ?

Thanks

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
There's a thread on this already, not sure if this helps but a lot of people are having this issue. It's not your box, other forums are saying it's down to the weather channel being down. It crashed on Friday and a lot of people are having issues on tablets, phones and are beloved boxes.
Should be sorted soon I hope.
SAL

Reactions: Minkbomb

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
There's a thread on this already, not sure if this helps but a lot of people are having this issue. It's not your box, other forums are saying it's down to the weather channel being down. It crashed on Friday and a lot of people are having issues on tablets, phones and are beloved boxes.
Should be sorted soon I hope.
SAL
Ah ok I must have missed that thread.
At least I know it's not just me and that explains why it's not working.
Thank you.

Reactions: Sal

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
It can be annoying, but the the rest of my T8 is running well. So hope it gets sorted soon.
SAL

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
It's the weather channel and I don't think you can change as it is part of the software. Accu Weather is working fine.

SAL

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Yes it is known issue and we are looking into it as to what is causing this issue. Also try resetting the router and see if after that it takes the location.

Reactions: Alfy

Alfy

Nov 17, 2014
I have the same issue with both my T8 and T8s, been like it for a week or so. Thought it was my router or BT messing about! Hope it gets sorted cos it is one of them niggling faults.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hi All
Just noticed a very small and unimportant issue .... it is annoying me however lol .
On the home screen by the clock it used to show where I am.
Now it just has the spinning disc and "Locating By Network".
Ive clicked on it and entered my location again but it still just spins away ?
Its not important but it used to have my location and the weather and temperature but now it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Nothings changed at my end and a router restart doesn't seem to help either.
Anyone else seeing this or is it just me ?

Thanks
Yes this is a known issue and developers are working to get this fixed asap. As this is a third party application we are waiting for an update from the app/widget developers so that we can make the necessary changes if necessary. So please bear with us for the mean time.