Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
I was wondering if anyone knew the reason live sports streams constantly freeze or buffer. I was watching a champions league match on two separate nights on by sports through live net tv which is a streaming site. On both nights the matches were freezing constantly but when they ended and the highlights show of other games was on the same channel the freezing stopped. Am I right in thinking that the freezing happens due to the large number of people streaming the match and then less watching the highlights or is it something else

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You are exactly right Eamon. The cause is due to contention on the host server of the stream due to the number of users.
Some add-ons or apps seem to do better than others.
You might want to investigate using Acestream as a method of getting streams (Google it).
That uses torrent technology so ALWAYS use in conjunction with a VPN.
Sometimes foreign language streams on foreign TV channels are better.

Ultimately though, it's one of the prices you pay (or don't pay) for non subscribing to paid for sports channels.

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
You are exactly right Eamon. The cause is due to contention on the host server of the stream due to the number of users.
Some add-ons or apps seem to do better than others.
You might want to investigate using Acestream as a method of getting streams (Google it).
That uses torrent technology so ALWAYS use in conjunction with a VPN.
Sometimes foreign language streams on foreign TV channels are better.

Ultimately though, it's one of the prices you pay (or don't pay) for non subscribing to paid for sports channels.

Ok thanks. What do you mean in conjunction with a vpn? Don't you need a vpn to view everything online

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
No, you don't need a VPN to view everything on line.
Some people like to use one.
When using torrent technology it is definitely advisable to prevent spy's from copyright organisations grabbing your IP address and tracing you.