gino76ph

Aug 22, 2014
Hi. I currently have the X7 Ultimate and i like it. But i have some questions about channels.

Under the XBMC portal is there a way to look up and add channels? I want to look for Star Sports (Asia), ESPN Sports (Asia) and Fox Sports (Asia) as i have been keeping an eye on some football matches there.

Any help please? Thanks.

Gino

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you're looking for live streams of TV channels, then do check out what Stan mentioned (though if you're using a different skin, head to Videos>Add-ons). However, a lot of broadcasters do not have official streams of their broadcasts. When this happens, check out Sports Devil (look through all the entries there) and Navi-X (use the search facility). For some streams you will need to runt he Ace Streams Engine (also called Torrent Stream Controller on some devices/firmwares) before you run XBMC.

Reactions: gino76ph

gino76ph

Aug 22, 2014
I always look at Sports Devil and Navi-X for any good streams.

But may i ask why do i need to run the Ace Stream Engine? What does that do?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you're wanting to view a stream that uses torrent style networking (you share your upload and download with many other viewers, rather than all viewers download from one single server), then you'll need the Ace Stream Engine app running to enable this functionality.

Reactions: gino76ph

gino76ph

Aug 22, 2014
Would Sports Devil and Navi-X require me to run the Ace Stream engine app? These are streaming channels/add-ons and as far as i know theyare not from torrent sources.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The add-ons themselves won't, but if any of the linked to sources are torrent/P2P based, then yes. For example, within SportsDevil there are a few that need the app to be running first.