Etienne Bilodeau

Aug 1, 2014
Hi,

I just bought the X7 off of Amazon.ca here in Canada (model AC8350).

My only problem with it all far is that i keep losing the hdmi signal. The screen goes off randomly and the tv says "no signal". I checked all the cables and everything is plugged in just fine. Moving the cable around doesn't actually seem to have any impact on the signal which leads me to think the problem is not with the cable.

The only factor that seems to have an effect is how long the unit has been "on" or "awake". The longer, the less the problem happens. So I'm still able to use it to watch movies mostly without problem but I lose the signal around 30 times in a row very quickly each time I turn on the unit. It's very annoying.

I'm going to have to return if I can't find what's causing the problem. Anyone here has any idea what could be the issue?

Etienne Bilodeau

Aug 1, 2014
Thanks for your response. I tried that with the sdcard method and what happens is I don't get an hdmi signal at all when I replug the power cable while holding the recovery button. I did it many times for several minutes. There's no way for me to tell if the spinning robot is appearing or not. The unit also shuts off after only a few seconds (while I'm still holding the reset button). So I'm not sure if the recovery happened or not and there's no way to tell.

Regardless, because I don't even get a signal while doing recovery, I feel like this is a hardware problem. It started doing it the first time I plugged in the unit.

I'm going to have to return it for an exchange.