Terryalexa77

Nov 15, 2015
ENGLAND
The wi-fi internet connection keeps dropping on my T8-S.
After about half an hour of booting up the wi-fi disables and when I re-enable it, it can't connect after I enter the password.

It's a serious problem because if I'm in Kodi it keeps saying there's no connection.

I've tried using 'wi-fi fixer' app which usually works on most devices with this problem, but on the Droidbox it keeps resetting and re-associating the wi-fi but can't manage to connect to the router because I think it's been disabled.

In settings it asks me to choose an access point. I choose the SID, connect. Then it drops after 15 minutes. If I try to connect it jumps to home screen like its been disabled.

The only thing I can do is reboot but it drops again after 30 minutes.

There's no problem when I boot into OpenELEC so it's not a hardware problem, more likely Android.

The same happened after I upgraded the ROM to T8-S version 2 yesterday. So how can it be a third party app if I'd just upgraded?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Terryalexa77

Nov 15, 2015
ENGLAND
I've just installed the app, 'Wi-fi Connection Fixer' *ROOT* which seams to be working so far.

With it being rooted it might work better.

Reactions: ChrisM

Terryalexa77

Nov 15, 2015
ENGLAND
I've been trying out the app 'Wi-fi connection fixer' and it fixes the problem every time.

I've contacted the developer to ask if a service can be made to run in the background for the donate version to fix wi-fi if the internet drops.

Reactions: ChrisM

Terryalexa77

Nov 15, 2015
ENGLAND
The 'Wi-fi fixer' Android app in the help section the developer notes a known issue about wi-fi not enabling on some devices.

'Unable to scan for Networks or wi-fi not turning on'

'The issue is with the vendor implementation of the Android Framework interacting with the wi-fi driver. '
' It can be worked around either by rebooting the device or going into settings and doing a factory reset.'
'I wish I could fix this problem, but it requires a vendor fix.'
'Rebooting or factory resetting is a temporary fix. In order to solve the problem permanently, you must update your devices software or root and install a custom ROM.'

This problem I have with my Droidbox T8-S and my Lenovo Yoga tablet 2. The only permanent fix appears to be with the device developers.

Reactions: Qaisir

Terryalexa77

Nov 15, 2015
ENGLAND
I have this problem too, but I only use Openelec, not Android on my TS8 Plus
I use OpenELEC for watching HD streams and Android for SD shows on Kodi and also Droidbox market apps like showbox. I use Play store apps and games as well so I need the wi-fi to stay connected.
Hope they have sorted this for the next ROM build.