Darrin

Sep 1, 2015
Any ideas on how to re-install OpenElec please?

Basically since the last ROM update the "Switch 2 OpenElec" option is now no more. It does not show up in my apps under Android.

I had to do the update via SD card as the menu option wouldn't work (bought the unit in June)

Thanks

Darrin

Sep 1, 2015
Thank you Qaisir but it does say...
T8/T8-S OTA Update 12-11-2015

So for some it can be confusing. This is the page I used and as mentioned, the auto update failed to work and the only link you have on the page that I can see for manual install states...

"Click here if you have a T8 that doesn't have the OTA Updater application."

It doesn't mention T8/T8S like it does at the header to the article. Can you please make your site more user friendly. I've spent many hours trawling just to find the information I need and still not sorted.
Can you therefore point me in the direction of the download for the T8s in that case??

Cheers

Last edited:

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Yes, it was bit confusing, but now it has been sorted as two posts are now on two different web pages.
Earlier both posts were on same web page. The first part of the blog post was about updating T8-S and when you were scrolling down it was written in Big Bold letters about how to update T8 device which you have bought before june because the T8 devices which you have bought before June does't have OTA updater. So you have to update that device manually by downloading Zip file. But the devices T8 or T8-S which you have bought after june do have OTA updater in application so you have to update those devices by using OTA updater.

For T8-S there is no manual install like downloading zip and installing.
For T8-S only OTA method should be used which can be found here:
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/t8t8-s-ota-update-12-11-2015/

Darrin

Sep 1, 2015
Okay, then the unit is no good to me at present. I cannot use the "OTA" method as there are currently "no updates" when visiting this app.
As mentioned, I originally tried to use the OTA method as described in your post when updates were available, but the GUI flashed up on screen so quick I couldn't read it when I pressed the update button, no matter how many times I tried. It did absolutely nothing.. Hence why I had to find a manual method.
Why can't the manual method of updating a T8-S be sent to me? Is it that complicated??? I am not in a position to send the unit back a 2nd time unless for a full refund, because quite frankly I've had enough of wasting my time on this.
It really is no enjoyment spending hours searching for the information. It's lost all the attraction for me.