Dearo

Jan 14, 2016
Totally fed up with my Droidbox now, keeps on freezing and the only way I can get it running is to disconnect the power supply.

Works fine then freezes again.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Can you check your storage in setting ( 2 cogs), then other and more setting. Then scroll down to storage and here you can check if it's nearly full. If it is and it's mainly misc files then you need to clear packages inside kodi. To do this you need to go inside kodi then either areswizard or Xunity maintenance. Inside these you need maintenance and clear packages. Also clear cache aswell and see if this helps.

If not you can go back to setting outside kodi and again go other, more setting and this time go to Apps and then kodi. Click here and force stop and then clear data, wait for it to clear and then go back to kodi and run the wizard. It's a good idea to do maintenance every week and to clear cache daily.
Good luck

Reactions: sean99

Dearo

Jan 14, 2016
Right I've gone into storage and it reads

Total space:- 12.34GB

Available:- 10.7GB

Misc:- 671MB

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
OK that's fine, but I would still go and clear data in kodi and re-run a wizard. Try another build see if this is better, Sean's build is good and is available in wookie and custom builds.
Android boxes from time to time can freeze inside kodi, if this happens press the home button on your remote (normally a house icon) then use the clear memory button on the main menu (in the far bottom left) and then go back into kodi.

Hope this helps

Dearo

Jan 14, 2016
How do I go in Kodi areswizard or X unity maintenance if I've already installed Wookie Wizard ? Please excuse my ignorance!

Dearo

Jan 14, 2016
So I need to uninstall wookie first ? Do you do this in the Apps section DBMC ?

Dearo

Jan 14, 2016
Right I've loaded Sean's Build but now the Live Sports Channels keep freezing ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
This can happen sometimes as it gets very busy and the servers slowdown. Can you try other add-ons are OK. Phoenix, Evolve, Exodus and a few others. You might have problems inside Evolve as it's just been updated.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Kodi's not perfect and has its issues, mainly the 3rd party add-ons, one day they work the next day gone. Server problems and live sport never getting a good stream. The good thing sean99 (Sean's build) is on this forum and does a great job in keeping things up to date. So hope things go ok for you and welcome to the world of kodi.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM and angela

Dearo

Jan 14, 2016
This can happen sometimes as it gets very busy and the servers slowdown. Can you try other add-ons are OK. Phoenix, Evolve, Exodus and a few others. You might have problems inside Evolve as it's just been updated.

Tried last night Can't open one Sports Chanel in Phoenix, nothing works in Evolve, screen froze so came out and pressed the clear memory button, however when I go back into DBMC it's just a blank screen?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If this happens you need to go to setting( 2 cogs) and other and more setting then apps. Scroll down to kodi and force stop and wait, now go back and try.
A tip...when you start your box up wait for your box to finish checking for updates. Only takes a minute or two. Then go into kodi, again wait a few minutes for it to do the same..

If you have further issues I would use live chat or email droidbox see if they can assist you further. Good luck