Redblade

May 20, 2016
Hi all, M5 box arrives today, will it work straight out of the package or will I be messing about this time next week? Am new to all this hi-tech stuff (Sony Betamax was the last bit of kit I bought, joking of course)
Heard good things about these droid boxes so thought I'd give it a go as we struggle for decent tv here in south of France, any help or tips would be appreciated, cheers. Pete

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You will need to load Addons to Kodi to view movies and sport. As a new user your best bet will be to use a wizard to add these (or you can add them manually if you feel comfortable doing that). The wookie is a good one (select wookie lite or try Sean's build developed by one of the members here - you will be guaranteed of good support then),
Link to wookie installation instructions

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

Redblade

May 20, 2016
Thanks for the reply, big disappointment here, I ordered from Amazon and the box arrived as stated. Only thing is it's just the carton box and accessories.... No droid box! The idiots sent it in an unsealed box... No tape or security seal, nothing.
So if anyone has any ideas how to get the footie tomorrow with just a psu, remote and hdmi lead then I'm interested
Watch this space
Cheers
Pete

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you have a laptop or pc you can download kodi to that then run the wookie to get the addons. So all may not be lost.
Hope you give the french postal service or whoever delivered the empty box a good spanking.

Redblade

May 20, 2016
Yep, have laptop but only use that for work, re the empty box and spanking, someone is going to get it! I'm just lost for words with this.. The carton says exactly what is in it, all the info of the goodies that await, only trouble is some other so n so is probably enjoying it as we speak. I can't blame Mdme La Poste as she is our lovely regular postie and wouldn't know what to do with the droid box anyway, it took her ages to get used to her electric bike!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Last chance saloon. If you have your own android phone you can put kodi on that. Otherwise it's the bbc world service for you.

Redblade

May 20, 2016
Last chance saloon? Might be the nearest bar if I can find one with the match on. Android phone? What's one of them? I'm still using Ericsson k800i and I'm not joking

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Still got my K700i tucked away somewhere as an emergency backup backup backup phone (you know, for those times that both the backup and backup backup phone die!).
On a more serious note @Redblade I'm assuming either Amazon or we are on the case with this missing device?

Redblade

May 20, 2016
Hi SilentlyScreaming, the k700i is the one and only, but, might have to get rid soon as it's getting more n more difficult to see the screen let alone read it.
Back to the M5, after a lot of faffing around trying to actually speak to someone Amazon made a refund, all I could do online was make a claim for a refund for : damage... Return goods before refund would be issued : missing parts... (this is bizarre) return the missing parts before refund would be issued! It seems when you order certain things on Amazon you have to specify that you want then in a sealed Amazon box!
Anyway, got it sorted at last and ordered another from a different supplier and hopefully this will arrive in a sealed carton with no thieving toe rags getting their hands on it.
Hope I'll be able to sort it/ set it up after all the messing about but no doubt I'll be back asking questions like how to get the football

Thanks again for interest and info

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I hope you ordered one from droidbox via Amazon red blade. You can see the level of support available to droidbox users from the activity on this forum.