mark1

Nov 14, 2014
hi guys...got new m6 box (so new to this).the first thing i watch is full screen,then if i want to watch something else it reverts to a small box in top left handcorner.the only way so far ive found to get around this is to go into settings then display and set display position to default,this only works for the next thing i watch,then its back to the small box,im not using it through a computer,also not got a key pad yet and doing everything through remote,ive read somewhere that the \ button is to blame on keypads(pressing this reverts to full screen).if i bought a keypad would this resolve my problem?
any replies greatly appreciated ..thanks.

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
hi guys...got new m6 box (so new to this).the first thing i watch is full screen,then if i want to watch something else it reverts to a small box in top left handcorner.the only way so far ive found to get around this is to go into settings then display and set display position to default,this only works for the next thing i watch,then its back to the small box,im not using it through a computer,also not got a key pad yet and doing everything through remote,ive read somewhere that the \ button is to blame on keypads(pressing this reverts to full screen).if i bought a keypad would this resolve my problem?
any replies greatly appreciated ..thanks.
Hi..tried the \ key but that only makes the screen go smaller.pressing it again brings it back to about 18" x 12"... I'm not sure what else to try.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I've only ever seen videos go smaller after an accidental / or equivalent command was sent.
Can we start from scratch please? First, wipe XBMC's data - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/resetting-xbmc-to-a-just-installed-state.27/
Then next please re-run our Wizard - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-wizard-update-october-2014-2/ (after that, I'd recommend clicking on the Mash Up fix within our DroidBOX Wizard add-on if you ever plan to use Mash Up).
Exit XBMC, reboot your device, restart XBMC and let us know how it goes, please.

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I've only ever seen videos go smaller after an accidental / or equivalent command was sent.
Can we start from scratch please? First, wipe XBMC's data - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/resetting-xbmc-to-a-just-installed-state.27/
Then next please re-run our Wizard - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-wizard-update-october-2014-2/ (after that, I'd recommend clicking on the Mash Up fix within our DroidBOX Wizard add-on if you ever plan to use Mash Up).
Exit XBMC, reboot your device, restart XBMC and let us know how it goes, please.
Thanks for all the info silently screaming...done everything you told me to.unfortunately its just the same.so clutching at straws I tried it on a different TV(Samsung)it works perfect on that..but the Sony TV it has problems..must be some obscure setting I'll have to look into it.
Many thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If your Sony TV has settings that attempt to automatically adjust settings, depending on the type of video being played, try turning it off.
If your TV is like my Sony, then you can make changes to settings per input channel. If this is true (and so you'll not be effecting any carefully selected settings for normal TV/DVD players etc) then try temporarily turning off ALL features, setting everything possible to manual, and using the DroidBOX again. If this works, keep a video playing in XBMC and keep changing one setting at a time on the TV until you find the culprit.

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
Thanks for taking time to help.I have a friend with a Sony and he mentioned this.turns out my TV is an older model without this function. But I have managed to extend the small box to fill about 3/4 of the screen via droid boxes own settings.

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
Just a quick update
Managed to turn all inputs off(only on/off available)
Its has improved it for example if I go into navi x and hammy whatever channel I choose in hammy it stays full screen.then if I go to say sports devil site it then goes back to small screen.at the moment the only way around this is to reboot.
Many thanks silently screaming for at least making it better.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which model is it? Something like 40KDLW2000 is what I'm looking for (that is from memory, it may not exist!) I'll have a look around and see if there are service menus available to access hidden settings etc.

UKWave

Dec 17, 2014
Hi everyone, I also have the M6 But I am now having the same problem with this small screen when playing a movie etc..
It is nothing to do with the TV as the main XBMC commands are fine Just the playing screen - There must be a command in the
setup within XBMC so make the screen into Full Screen Very annoying indeed.

Any more idea's VERY WELCOME

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
Hi ukwave....is this m6 your first box? I got it to mess around and to. See what it was like...tbh I get nothing but problems with it....now I get no picture only sound....but deep down I could see endless possibilities...if you can afford it get the t8 model(different class)my m6 I dont think will see the light again.....sorry I can't help.

UKWave

Dec 17, 2014
Hi & thanks' for your reply. Yes it is my first box and I am going to order the T8 But my Step daughter has the M6 now I had no problems myself But it's just started doing this. The only way that I did to solve the problem the other day was to reset the M6 to it's default settings It's when she used the keyboard with it (the supplied one) that this problem started So I would think it's a setting in the XBMC settings. I just need to find out what it is... with hopefully help from people on this forum or hopefully support from Droidbox :)

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
The only way around it I noticed was the first thing I watched was full screen and only when I go to watch something else would it then go to small screen...the only way around it was to switch it off and then back on again.....was so frustrating...my youngest wanted the m6 in his bedroom so set it all up..god its so slow compared to the t8...and like I said now on certain things no picture olonly sound(this seems to be becoming a problem with the m6 ATM)

UKWave

Dec 17, 2014
We have the LG 50" TV And it works fine on here so it must be an issue with the other TV! Surely you would think there would be an update to correct this by now! Come on you guys it's not fair for the people that have brought this M6 Droidbox And expect it to work with there TV's It would be nice to have this sorted out soon!!

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
This mirrors the problem I had..I got the small screen on our main TV(Sony) so tried it on TV upstairs(Samsung)worked fine upstairs..read this thread higher up you will see silently screaming did his best with the Sony TV settings....all I can suggest is to try another TV....I'm currently running 2 t8s on both Sony and Samsung with no sign of a small screen.personally I think its the box at fault but also certain TVs don't seem to like it either...it seems to be trial and error when something new appears.the m6 is an old model and things have moved on(always do)I'd suggest starting another forum on your topic or emailing droidbox...good luck.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Regarding no picture at all on the M6 sometimes, are you using the original XBMC that came with the device? Is it possible someone may have altered the acceleration settings (XBMC>System>Video>click on the Settings Level (bottom left) so it shows Advanced>Acceleration Menu)? With regards to video playback size, can you get a video playing, and click the film reel icon at the bottom of the screen, then highlight the View Mode entry. Next click the little arrows next to it until it shows "Normal". If this fixes the issue, select the Set as default for all videos options (you'll need to scroll a little further down the same menu).