roxypotter

Oct 9, 2015
Hi guys

Hope you can help with this one. Be gentle as i am female after all..

Ok here goes. Ive got one of these m8 droid boxes which has been ok for 12 month's.

Yesterday it started to play up so my friend said he has some latest software.. he plugged in a sd card and up dated it... blank.. screen gone off and wont re boot just a blank black screen.

So we tried a manual reset on back of the box where i inserted a tooth pick in the av outlet and then on the tv screen popped up a few options. So we did a factory reset and deleted all data and once completed we tried a re boot but nothing a blank screen.

ive seen a a few videos on you tube which didnt help either..

Do i need to update correct software on sd card and install it on m8 box?

Im a bit confused so any help would be great.. please dont use technical terms as i just dont understand it.

Thanks
Roxy

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, normally when you update your box you need the recovery menu and from here it says install from SD card. Then when it loads you should get an android guy on the screen updating.
Did this happen, if not try again this time get the recovery menu up using the tooth pick and try again.
If this doesn't work or this is what your friend did already, you could see about sending your box in to droidbox for a firmware update. There would be a charge for this as your box is over 12 months old. If you want to see about this you could us the contact us at the bottom of the page and ask for a price and if they can do this for you.
If you got your box from droidsticks which is now called entertainmentBox I think they have there latest firmware on there download page on there site.
Good luck and hope you get this sorted.