Nightlord

Aug 7, 2014
Hi
I have just downloaded the firmware update for B351-BT, on completion i got this message : DBX_X7b_v2.0_17072014_720.zip is malicious and Chrome has blocked it.

When trying to recover the file i get the message:
Recover Malware?
THIS FILE WILL HARM YOUR COMPUTER
Even if you have downloaded files from this website before, the website might have been hacked.
Instead of recovering this file, you can retry the download later.

Anyone else had this problem or can you tell me if it is safe to use?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It isn't malicious, we're looking at how to make Chrome realise this :)
Two workarounds for now:
Use Internet Explorer or FireFox - one of them block the file, one doesn't can't recall which is which right now
Assuming you've closed chrome since the message appeared, open it up, download the file, when you get the message, DON'T close chrome. Go to your downloads directory, put it in date order. Find a file with a .crdownload extension - if the date/time match your watch approximately, rename the file to DBX_X7b_v2.0_17072014_720.zip . You're done!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
DroidBOX X7 B 2014 July 1080p.zip
That one does not give me warnings now, please try again and let me know

(identical files inside it, I've just renamed the IMG file and gave the new archive a different name)

Last edited:

Nightlord

Aug 7, 2014
Hi SS
I followed your 2nd link and it worked, chrome allowed it no problem so i flashed the device and followed the instructions on the forum, unfortunately the device now crashes and cannot be turned off by any other method than disconnecting the power lead, hte 1st time it happened was (i think) during the initial 20 min waiting period when i turned the tv over after 25 mins i was met by a blue screen but the power light was still on the device....i repeated the processs and installed xbmc (gotham from the forum link installed via usb) and twice during setting xbmc up it has crashed at 75% and the box is unresponsive....power lead removed!!!

Any ideas?